Spider-Man Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy [Spoilers and Discussion]

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This is what "Dead No More" is actually titled.

Spider-Man: Dead No More True Title Revealed: "The Clone Conspiracy"

"The Clone Conspiracy" kicks off in October and will be a standalone five-issue miniseries from writer Dan Slott and artist Jim Cheung. "Amazing Spider-Man" #16-18 will lead up to the event, with Slott teasing that "some big, primal things happen that will have a long-standing effect." Slott and co-writer Christos Gage will also write the tie-in storyline in "Amazing Spider-Man," that will take place in issues #19-23. "Amazing Spider-Man Annual" #1 will come with an Alex Ross cover and tie-in with the event.

The Jackal, the villain at the heart of the less-than-fondly-remembered '90s "Clone Saga" will return for "The Clone Conspiracy." While the specific details of the plot and Jackal's scheme remain a mystery, both Slott and editor Nick Lowe promise that the villain's plans will be different this time around and that he might even expand his operation to go past cloning; the boundary between life and death may be questioned

The-Clone-Conspiracy-1-Cover-441a4.jpg

clone-2-52474.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like they might be trying to bring Gwen back by doing a Ben Reilly-esque reveal? Maybe it's too obvious.

I'm a total sucker for Clone Saga stuff though, as long as Tom DeFalco isn't writing it.

Sounds like they might be trying to bring Gwen back by doing a Ben Reilly-esque reveal? Maybe it's too obvious.

I'm a total sucker for Clone Saga stuff though, as long as Tom DeFalco isn't writing it.

Please don't bring Gwen back. Ugh.

Now knowing what this is I don't like the possible implications for May given what happened to her in #14, either.

Amazing Spider-Man #14. She starts coughing up blood. (But then her husband keels over in the next issue, so that was a bit of a bait and switch).

That must have been the previous volume...? I'm not reading this now. It feels like ages ago since I was reading this book.

Massive spoilers for #3 which I believe is out today: SPOILERS

Fascinating. I'm drawn to trainwrecks so I can't wait to read this.

I haven't read any of the issues yet. I'm going to wait until it's over and then read it all in one sitting.

I haven't read the newest one yet, but given what happens in it I humbly recommend you read the monthlies...

So I sat down and read it through today. At one level, it was a really well made homage to the clone saga. Slott did a good job of taking pieces off the mythology and putting them together in a way that you can appreciate if you know where it came from. It reminded me a little bit of Green Lantern: Rebirth. With one major difference... it was a crappy story.

And now Ben is back as a crazy villain. Why?

Latest posts

Back