Avengers Steve Rogers: Captain America (Discussion/Spoilers)

I consider 3/5 a failure, but I'm also incredibly snobby and consider 8/10 as just okay lol
If 3/5 is a failure then Rolling Stone hates everything since they use a 5-star rating system (at least when I read them) and on average they rated most of everything 3 stars. Also we'd all pretty much think movies were averagely bad here since we also use 5-star system for movies.

Last edited:
What the heck was an F then?

Below 50%.

It varies, but in most places up here, it's something like

80-100 A
70-79 B
60-69 C
50-59 D
0-49 F

But getting in the 80s is really hard. When I moved back here from living in the US I was sort of shocked by people who were getting 60s in school and were generally okay with it. But that's the grading rubrick here.

And it's not uniform in the US, either. I went to a college in Pennsylvania where 69.9% was an F.

But yeah, in rating things, 3/5, or 3 stars is sort of middle of the road, neither bad nor amazing.

Last edited:
80-100 A
70-79 B
60-69 C
50-59 D
0-49 F

You guys are too nice. I grew up with:

90-100 A (the low end of that - usually 90-92 or 93 - being A-)
80-89 B
70-79 C
60-69 D
59 and below F

80-89 B
70-79 C
60-69 D
59 and below F

This is what I had too. It's what I use as my rating scale too

80-89 B
70-79 C
60-69 D
59 and below F

I grew up with something similar too (in the US). But again, the grading scale isn't 'nice' in Canada, the grading is harder, so it balances out. In other words, an 80% is an A-, but getting an 80% is generally much more difficult than getting an 80% in the US.

I come here and I get a discussion on ratings lol. Everyone has there own....

I was hoping to hear more discussion on #1 and #2

I come here and I get a discussion on ratings lol. Everyone has there own....

I was hoping to hear more discussion on #1 and #2
Well I'm enjoying it so far and all the people who thought Cap was always secretly Hydra were of course, obviously wrong. I noticed most people who cried foul haven't said a word when the truth was revealed. Others were claiming Marvel backtracked or moved up the reveal, that they scrambled to get a new issue published by the end of June (which is impossible). I like where Nick Spencer is going with this. The art is great too. Jesus Saiz is fantastic.

Latest posts

Back