10 Cloverfield Lane

wyokid

[video=youtube_share;yQy-ANhnUpE]https://youtu.be/yQy-ANhnUpE[/video]

I hope this is what I think it is

Now that I'm not about to fall asleep, I absolutely loved Cloverfield. I know it wasn't the best film ever, but Abrams put a lot of love and heart into making it and the idea of a found footage kaiju film was really refreshing. It had a lot of subtle world building that you really had to pay attention to the film and the viral marketing to get the whole story. I also say that as someone who generally dislikes found footage films. I've seen a lot, but have only liked Cannibal Holocaust, Cloverfield, The Blair With Project, and the original [●REC]. This is a completely different beast though. I love the cast and the fact that they're all completely trapped in this bunker and, I'm assuming, Clover is why they cannot leave. I'd like for Cloverfield/Kishin to be canon and have it be a completely different monster, but I'm happy with this premise and the cast is freaking awesome. I love that it's a post-attack claustrophobic paranoia thriller instead of just being a disaster film nd that it seems most of the action is in the bunker with little monster action rather than outside with the kaiju. I am very excited for this.

I found blog that followed all of the original film's marketing. It's still active and is now following this film's marketing.

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

Their YouTube page has the videos. Don't tell me I'm the only one here who liked Cloverfield.

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to catch up I summarized the ARG viral marketing from the last film:

An undersea drilling company called Tagurato was selling the drink Slusho (which is in just about everything Abrams makes) which contains a mysterious substance called seabed's nectar. Slusho's slogan is "you can't drink just six". When you consume a lot of seabed's nectar you temporally gain superpowers. Rob is going to work for Slusho at the beginning of the movie. In 2007, one of Tagruato's employees discovered something and suddenly he and his entire family died in a tragic gas explosion. Tagurato opened an oil rig called Chaui Station outside New York and they launched the satellite Hatsui into space to explore the ocean depths underneath Chaui. They told the world they were using the satellite to track the fallen government satellite Chimpanzii (the one you see fall at the very end of the film) as a cover. Tagruato had a spy called The Whistleblower. He leaked that there was no oil on Chaui and that something really sinister was going on there. He also released sonar pictures of the monster and seabed's necter.

An environmental group called T.I.D.O. Wave is against the drilling and infiltrated Chaui. A guy named Teddy who worked for TIDO sent his girlfriend Jamie some stuff they found including seabed's nectar to later use as evidence (there was a site where Jamie kept sending Teddy videos you could watch). Teddy told her that if she didn't hear from him it meant that Tagurato had captured him. Jamie didn't hear from him so she called Tagurato and they wanted to know where she lived, but she refused. Jamie thought Teddy was just playing around and broke up with him. TIDO hadn't heard from the people they sent out and went to investigate only to find no station there at all, it had been destroyed by the monster. TIDO had been compromised by Tagurato and framed for the destruction. After the monster attacks New York Teddy's sister starts investigating her brother's disappearance and someone contacts her sending her to a site with three pictures. One was a photo of the monster attacking Chaui Station, another was a photo of Parasites walking on the bottom of the ocean, and the last was transcript of two Chaui employees talking while the station was under attack. She didn't believe them and said she had a new lead. Was never heard from again.

Adds a lot to the movie doesn't it?

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;-giOU45G-20]https://youtu.be/-giOU45G-20[/video]

Can't wait to pour over the screenshots from this to see if I can figure out what John Goodman gave Megan. I'm still kind of shocked they gave away his entire character, I like that he was working for Tagurato and from the sounds of it wasn't too happy with what they were doing. Even his employee of the month picture looked like he was about to quit.

Your misery brings me joy

employee4.png

Latest posts

Back