Spider-Man Spider-Man (Miles Morales) Ongoing (Bendis/Pichelli)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As it was mentioned elsewhere, Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli will be the creative team on the Miles Morales "Spider-Man" titled ongoing series.

Now there's more info being released and Bendis says the first year of the title will serve as the sequel to the Spider-Men mini-series.

"The thing I get asked about every day, is a sequel to SPIDER-MEN, the [series] we did a couple of years ago where Peter Parker met Miles," Bendis also told Marvel.com. "Consider the first year of this book the sequel to that series. But if you never read that, don't worry about it. It will all make sense."

SM2015001-mock-8fb7f.jpg

Unsure how I feel about this. It seems like we only just got Peter Parker back as Spider-Man and now he's being replaced again. However I do like Miles Morales and I do like how Bendis writes him, so I'm sure it'll be good. I'm just hoping that this gives us a chance to see Peter and MJ get back together and start a family. That said, Dan Slotts run was amazing, and I'm sad to see it end. Argh conflicted feelings!

Peter Parker isn't being replaced. He'll still be around as Spider-Man himself, just not the only one. How that will work is what we'll see later this year.

Peter Parker isn't being replaced. He'll still be around as Spider-Man himself, just not the only one. How that will work is what we'll see later this year.

Really? I thought I read somewhere that Peter was taking on more of a mentor role and that Miles was going to be the only Spider-Man. I'll try find where I read it.

EDIT: Read it here http://www.newsarama.com/24886-spider-man-title-with-miles-morales-by-bendis-pichelli-announced.html but it doesn't explicitly say it. Just says Miles will be the primary Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Primary, but not only.

Even Axel Alonso said it on CBR.

" It's been widely interpreted from that initial announcement article that Marvel is positioning Miles Morales as "the" Spider-Man of the Marvel Universe. I wanted to ask you directly -- do you see Miles now as the main guy in that role?

Alonso: I see Miles as being a a Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe. Beyond that, all I'll say is keep reading."

Bendis revealed in his letter in Uncanny X-Men #600 that Goldballs will be making an appearance in the series.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-04%20at%2011.29.55%20PM_zpsvg3odeh0.png

[video=youtube;ZAZhtT-dUyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm liking this so far. I just hope that the whole Blackheart thing wasn't just a one-off to show that Miles has what it takes. Blackheart is too big of a deal for that. It had better come up again later.

Also, I really want to know if Miles remembers the Ultimate universe...

I'm liking this so far. I just hope that the whole Blackheart thing wasn't just a one-off to show that Miles has what it takes. Blackheart is too big of a deal for that. It had better come up again later.

Also, I really want to know if Miles remembers the Ultimate universe...
Bendis has confirmed a few times that he does.

Issue 19 was weird. It's one of those downtime in between story arc issues that he likes to do. I'm sure it will read better in trade, but it's a bit unsatisfying to read a single issue like that.

Latest posts

Back