The thing about Final Crisis is it is a build up of literally everything he has done at DC. Animal Man, Seven Soldiers, etc. Actually, I could see how it didn't make a lick of sense if you haven't read everything. I apologize.

No need to apologize...I love his work and have read most of it (Marvel & DC anyway). Final Crisis was still super confusing.

I'm caught up.

So Thing was the Shield/wall keeping the zombies out?

So no one knows why the Thing (I mean Ben Grimm, grow up) is so big?

Grafting a Groot twig into the world tree was kind of cool, but it seemed like it came out of nowhere.

And the Thors turned on Doom? Did that happen in a tie-in?

All in all, I'm pretty confused at this point.

So no one knows why the Thing (I mean Ben Grimm, grow up) is so big?

Grafting a Groot twig into the world tree was kind of cool, but it seemed like it came out of nowhere.

And the Thors turned on Doom? Did that happen in a tie-in?

All in all, I'm pretty confused at this point.

The Thors turning on Doom was sort of addressed in the Thors miniseries that starred Ultimate Thor investigating the deaths of various Jane Fosters from across the multiverse.

So after the end of the main series, it's a little less stupid that Miles's mom is back.

I'm a little surprised they left a Fantastic Four return open like they did. My impression of everything was that the main purpose of this was to kill off the team.

So after the end of the main series, it's a little less stupid that Miles's mom is back.

I'm a little surprised they left a Fantastic Four return open like they did. My impression of everything was that the main purpose of this was to kill off the team.
C.B. Cebulski did say that there was going to be a Fantastic Four title this year. Maybe the title will be about Reed, Sue and the kid creating the multiverse and all.

Last edited:

That was a great ending for the family, but I'm upset Johnny and Ben aren't there with them though. I'm not reading Guardians, but I'm assuming Ben is searching for them in that? I know Johnny is dating Medusa. Still, they are laying down the foundation of the future and Doom's ending was great. Him admitting that Reed would have done better and his reaction to being fixed was great. I liked it. It's a good jumping off point too. I will definitely pick up an F4 book though depending on the creative team.

He's not in that one. It looks like it's just Rocket, Groot and Drax mixed with the Guardians of the future.

Oh, I heard he was in the first issue, but I see now that it was a one shot story

I'm a bit frustrated with Secret Wars. The ending was pretty good, but I feel like the story itself wasn't. It relied too much on slowly revealing what was going on with some "cool" moments thrown in (like World-Tree-Groot fighting Galactus). I feel like the plot was a bit of a mess/not really present.

I hate event comics.

I'm a bit frustrated with Secret Wars. The ending was pretty good, but I feel like the story itself wasn't. It relied too much on slowly revealing what was going on with some "cool" moments thrown in (like World-Tree-Groot fighting Galactus). I feel like the plot was a bit of a mess/not really present.

I hate event comics.

I think it'll read better in one sitting. The delays really hurt the story

I hate event comics.

I kind of like this fan theory.

That's less of a fan theory and more of an analysis. I thought the ending symbolized the ever changing nature of comics to the current society. Secret Wars was how "everything dies" and the ending brings everything back, but different for the new audience that they are marketing towards thus "everything lives".

Latest posts

Back