Star Wars (Marvel ongoing)

I really liked #7, the standalone issue about Obi-Wan. It was cool to see the struggle of giving up his Jedi life. I also liked how they established the sense of justice with Luke.

Leinil Yu is on art beginning with #16.

I like Yu but Immonen was killing it on this book. #12 is one of the best covers I've ever seen.

I'm also not sure Yu's very unique style is going to fit with this book. It's too rough, whereas Cassaday and Immonen are very precise and realistic. I guess it's that I'm not sure how Yu's art is going to fit characters based off of real people with a defined, definite look.

Leinil Yu is on art beginning with #16.

I like Yu but Immonen was killing it on this book. #12 is one of the best covers I've ever seen.

I'm also not sure Yu's very unique style is going to fit with this book. It's too rough, whereas Cassaday and Immonen are very precise and realistic. I guess it's that I'm not sure how Yu's art is going to fit characters based off of real people with a defined, definite look.

I think it depends on the colorist. Maybe. All I know is Civil War looked awful, but Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine was great.

I think it depends on the colorist. Maybe. All I know is Civil War looked awful, but Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine was great.

Civil War was Steve McNiven. I thought the colors were great on Civil War either way.

But you're probably right; the colorist makes or breaks Yu's art. A lot of times the colors on his art are very dull and lifeless.

I meant this one.

latest

Oh. I didn't read it; no interest whatsoever.

It was cool. The whole nation split in two. Tony's people vs Steve's people. Lasted way longer.
Turned out the Skrulls were behind it the whole time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Wars #15 will also be an Obi-Wan tale, set during Luke's childhood years, and explain Uncle Owen's intent on keeping Obi-Wan away from Luke.

Good. I like the idea of revisiting that general storyline periodically.

Agreed, especially as it's a wide open, almost entirely unexplored or elaborated on portion of Obi-Wan's life.

Issue #20 is out today and is another chapter in this story.

I really liked it. I liked the idea of Owen being part of some action and not just yelling at Luke all the time.

Han Solo #1 came out today and was also pretty great, even with Mark Brooks on art (who is, I admit, better than he used to be).

Latest posts

Back