Star Wars: Rogue One (first Star Wars spin off film rumors/news)

[video=youtube;CehVgQ43pn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehVgQ43pn0[/video]

How dare you question me.
Leia said:
Now we'll find out if those plans were worth the price we paid.

Hey wait a minute! That's not right! The quote is "Now we find out if that code was worth the price we paid." referring to the code they use to get to the forest moon in ROTJ.

Last edited:
Hey wait a minute! That's not right! The quote is "Now we find out if that code was worth the price we paid." referring too the code they use to get to the forest moon in ROTJ.

gasp.gif

Last edited:
Hey wait a minute! That's not right! The quote is "Now we find out if that code was worth the price we paid." referring to the code they use to get to the forest moon in ROTJ.

...you might be right.

Figured I'd pick up the SW discussion from the Wonder Woman movie thread here:

The lightsaber fights are what do it for me, that final fight is full of so much emotion. That's a discussion for another thread though...

I don't know, Rogue One seems to deliver the emotional strings in the second trailer then the entirety of Revenge of the Sith did for me.

[video=youtube;sC9abcLLQpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI&sns=em[/video]

Maybe it's due to the underlying aspect of hope against insurmountable odds that Rogue One's trailer delivers, as opposed to the depressing and dark ending Ep III had. But for me RO trailer seems to indicate the film is definitely hitting those emotional strings better than any other SW film has. Who knows, maybe it'll suck, but if so that's the most impressive trailer from a bad movie I've ever seen.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;I6hOlI9cg4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hOlI9cg4o[/video]

Lol, not even close. The Phantom Menace trailer is formulaic and doesn't evoke really any excitement or emotional weight, least for me. Rogue One trailer did, in droves. It's not even same ballpark, man.

"Save the Rebellion! Save the dream..." That line is delivered with more depth, weight, emotion, and hope than anything in entirety of Prequel trilogy and honestly even the OT I'd say. Jyn's lines about hope and the rebellion perfectly encapsulate the fight against overwhelming odds that is a huge aspect of the SW saga.

Literally everything about the RO trailer is simply beautiful, cinematography, the acting/line delivery, the action and scale, the inherent emotional through lines, and honestly even the score (I love Williams SW score but Giacchino's RO score is fantastic).

Last edited:
Lol, not even close. The Phantom Menace trailer is formulaic and doesn't evoke really any excitement or emotional weight, least for me. Rogue One trailer did, in droves. It's not even same ballpark, man.

That's how you felt when it came out?

I didn't - I thought it was phenomenal at the time. But a large part of that was just excitement that there was a new Star Wars movie coming.

Did you like the choreographed lightsaber duels more than the "hack and slash" technique we saw in ESB and TFA?

I didn't - I thought it was phenomenal at the time. But a large part of that was just excitement that there was a new Star Wars movie coming.

Did you like the choreographed lightsaber duels more than the "hack and slash" technique we saw in ESB and TFA?

That was part of my point to be honest, a large part of the hype, at least for me, is that Rogue One is a Star Wars anthology film. That and Saw being in the film and that it's Gareth Edwards.

I'm really not a fan of the OT lightsaber fights. They're clumsy, slow, and not much fun to watch. The only reason it works in Empire is because there's so much emotional weight when Luke and Vader fight. I like action to have weight which is why most action films bore me. Except for Commando, Commando is a blast.

giphy.gif

I was hyped and excited merely because it was new Star Wars, the first since 1983's RotJ. So of course I was excited, but it wasn't due to any technical brilliance of the trailer.

Then I went and saw Phantom Menace and left the theater horribly disappointed. I almost couldn't believe it was same filmmaker who'd made the original trilogy.

Again, in terms of emotional resonance, the RO trailer is simply much more powerful, in my opinion.

That was part of my point to be honest, a large part of the hype, at least for me, is that Rogue One is a Star Wars anthology film. That and Saw being in the film and that it's Gareth Edwards.

I'm referring simply to the emotional resonance of the trailers. The Rogue One is far superior to me.

I'm really not a fan of the OT lightsaber fights. They're clumsy, slow, and not much fun to watch. The only reason it works in Empire is because there's so much emotional weight when Luke and Vader fight. I like action to have weight which is why most action films bore me. Except for Commando, Commando is a blast.

giphy.gif

I agree with that. Just at the time they hadn't really considered a more choreographed and dynamic approach to the Lightsaber duels.

Latest posts

Back