Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

That was the best episode in a while. Abra Kadabra was a pretty cool villain. And most importantly, no one really acted all that stupidly.

That was the best episode in a while. Abra Kadabra was a pretty cool villain. And most importantly, no one really acted all that stupidly.

It couldn't last. At this point I can't figure out who Savitar is that won't tick me off. This season has just been awful. Latest episode was alright. I didn't really dig it until the team was back together, but when future Barry decided to jump in I did have an emotional response to it which was nice. Haven't had that from this show in a while. The future Flash costume was great

Last edited:
It couldn't last. At this point I can't figure out who Savitar is that won't tick me off. This season has just been awful. Latest episode was alright. I didn't really dig it until the team was back together, but when future Barry decided to jump in I did have an emotional response to it which was nice. Haven't had that from this show in a while. The future Flash costume was great

I didn't think The Once And Future Flash was any better than usual. The only part I liked was Barry & Cisco's interactions. Cisco is basically the whole reason I watch the show at this point.

"The more you time travel, the less the rules apply to you." - The writers of the Flash
"It's magic, we don't have to explain it." - Joe Quesada
"This has been planned from the beginning." - Brian Bendis

Translation: "We don't know what we're doing."

Captain Cold is the best.

"This reminds me of Jaws, they never showed the shark because they couldn't afford to make it look good."

That 4th wall breaking made me lol.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I didn't see the twist with HR coming, that was pretty good. And I liked Caitlin's resolution. Having her not be evil and angry any more, but not being her old self either was a good idea.

But most of that episode was ridiculous. The whole plot about helping Savitar went nowhere and really couldn't. It's like the writers realized half way through that it didn't make sense, but just kept going. Also, we never learned why Caitlin was working with Savitar. He promised her something, but that just sort of gets dropped.

And I still don't understand how Barry creating Flashpoint caused Savitar.

The ending was weird. I assume they'll go on for a while with Wally and then Barry will escape and we'll have a Flash Rebirth type story. But now that Savitar is erased from history, shouldn't Wally lose his speed like he did when Savitar lost his memory?

Anyway, I don't plan to keep watching next fall.

Last edited:
They, and every other over 10 episode shows, need to do is adopt what Agents of SHIELD did last season. 3 completely different stories, it was almost like we got three seasons. The Marvel Netflix shows need this and the CW shows desperately need this. The other problem is have any of the characters moved at all? Sure Barry is engaged to Iris, but what development has anyone else had outside of gaining powers? That's why Tom Felton was such a breath of fresh air until he just became part of the crew. I am so happy he lived though. That's another thing AoS is doing well, none of the characters are the same anymore. Flash is just running in the spot one foot away from last season and two feet away from season one. At some point Gotham and AoS figured out that growth needed to happen and that's why they're better. If I had written this season first 8 episodes would be Flash fighting Grodd and other baddies in all those filler episodes with an ongoing story of Savitar and that guy Tom Felton was with the mask when he was being controlled, 7 episodes of who Savitar is ending with him failing to kill Iris, and then him trying to survive.

Eh, I didn't like the HR twist. It was a cop out and way of avoiding consequences. Sure, HR is dead, but that was sort of a given with them using new version of Harrison Wells each year.

And they've utilized time travel so much that they can't even keep track of the effects it should (or shouldn't) have, as Captain Canuck pointed out.

Eh, oh well. Arrow managed to turn itself around impressively with Season 5 so hopefully Flash can reinvigorate itself next year.

Eh, I didn't like the HR twist. It was a cop out and way of avoiding consequences. Sure, HR is dead, but that was sort of a given with them using new version of Harrison Wells each year.

And they've utilized time travel so much that they can't even keep track of the effects it should (or shouldn't) have, as Captain Canuck pointed out.

Eh, oh well. Arrow managed to turn itself around impressively with Season 5 so hopefully Flash can reinvigorate itself next year.
Yeah, it was a cop out, but they were always going to have some kind of cop out. No way Iris was actually going to die for good. I was expecting some kind of inexplicable time travel or speed force reversal, so finding out it was HR was a surprise. And it was a good way for his character to go out.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

The Flash 4x04 "Elongated Journey Into Night" may be my all time favorite Flash episode. It was awesome in almost every way: hilarious applications of Ralph Dibney's powers, and loved Dibney as sort of the foil to Barry. Really hopes he continues on as a recurring guest star, both because his interactions with the team are hilarious, plus his powers offer a notably different angle than the over used speedster element to the show.

Latest posts

Back