How to read New52

Honestly I didn't find much beyond the Court of Owls and earlier Batwoman stuff to be worthwhile. Swamp Thing was OK and Animal Man was pretty good. All-Star Western was decent.

It seemed like they were relying on the gimmick of a new streamlined universe and new #1s without getting good writers to tell good stories. It seemed like there were a ton of bad 90s writers thrown on these books and the quality of the stories reflected that. I made it a point to read at least the first 5 issues of all 52 books and nothing stood out as exceptional even though there were a handful of decent books. It was my first large-scale exposure to the DCU and it was disappointing, and that's putting it mildly.

Yeah, I also downloaded the first 8 issues of Nightwing (under the impression that it tied into the Court stuff) and Batgirl (which I'd heard was good), and the first three issues of both didn't exactly set my world on fire. I don't have any particular attachment to either of those characters, mind. Guess I'll just stick with Snyder's Batman for now.

Snyder batman is awful. Detective comics is the good stuff. It does what the new 52 did in the other good titles: brought superhero stories back to superhero comics

Its good to see classics being rebooted.
I loved the stories, but was not fond of the art, as it was outdated.
But the new 52 has great art and the classic story-lines. Looks amazing!

Latest posts

Back