Mad Max: Fury Road

Drunken Pickle

So, this has been in production for quite some time and there has been next to no updates on it. Then I stumbled across this.
EWFuryRoad%20_large.jpg

Excited to see how Hardy's potrayal of this goes!

This looks like The Road Warrior x 10. I can't wait.

Just saw it. I really have no connection to the original movies (besides generally knowing what they are about, and maybe seeing parts of them on TV), so I went in pretty fresh. Overall I liked it quite a bit. It was definitely weird, but I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way at all. In an era when popcorn movies seem pretty "cookie cutter" in a lot of ways (Marvel), the strangeness of this movie was refreshing, but caught me a bit by surprise. The performances were pretty strong across the board, and was incredibly exciting and engaging. I really hope it does well at the box office, but who knows how it will play with a mainstream audience. It earns its R rating. Say what you will about WB, and their inability do get their DC movies off the ground, but they do seem to be one of the last studios financing big, weird, original films (between this, some of the recent Wachowski films, and last years Edge of Tomorrow). Overall, I'd give it an A-.

Part of the fun of the Mad Max films is that aspect of weirdness. It's one of the most endearing things about the films. I mean, just look at some of the character names:

Toecutter
Mudguts
Labatouche
Cundalini
Pappagallo
The Humumgus
Furiosa
Nux
Immortan Joe
Rictus Erectus

Even the original synopsis for MM-FR was a lot of fun:

"Mad Max is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa. This movie is an account of the Road War which follows. It is based on the Word Burgers of the History Men and eyewitness accounts of those who survived."

Really looking forward to this flick.

Saw this for the second time today. I enjoyed it the first time. I adored it the second time.

There's just so much at an overall pretty fast and unrelenting pace, that its easy to forget or not process everything before the next insane sequence begins. And its glorious every step of the way.

But definitely on the second viewing (and I'm sure subsequent viewings from here on out) I enjoyed it even more, appreciated it even more. I was able to better analyze and compare and contrast, etc after the second go-around,

Absolutely fantastic action film. Everything about it is weird and grand and insane.

I love all the barely audible dialogue that has no significance but was just hilarious.
Like when Max is strapped onto the car and you can just about hear him say "FIRST THEY TOOK MY BLOOD AND NOW MY CAR".

I love all the barely audible dialogue that has no significance but was just hilarious.
Like when Max is strapped onto the car and you can just about hear him say "FIRST THEY TOOK MY BLOOD AND NOW MY CAR".

Lol. Indeed.

I'm still blown away at the fact it's all practical effects regarding the car stunts. I think the only CGI in the entire film was the crazy dust/lightning storm the war rig and its pursuers went through. I may be wrong but that's the only one that stands out.

Saw it two nights ago. This was a fun, bizarre movie. We couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of the guitarist who has two things to do: play music or sleep. George Miller out did himself with this.

As a bonus, 15 minutes in a guy behind me said out loud "What the @#$% is going on?" That made a bunch of people laugh.

Latest posts

Back