Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Just did a major update for all the new novels released yesterday:

Star Wars - Lost Stars
Star Wars - Aftermath
Star Wars - The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
Star Wars - Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
Star Wars - Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure

Also broke up by chapters (tentatively until I've had a chance to read through them entirely).

Also added the names and more precise placements for the three new short stories that'll be included in The Rise of the Empire reprint book.

It's astonishing how large the universe has gotten in just a year.

I was thinking that it's pretty impressive that it's small enough to be accessible (at least to this point).

I was thinking that it's pretty impressive that it's small enough to be accessible (at least to this point).

So far, though the marketing/tie-in push for The Force Awakens that kicked off last week shows within another year or two, it'll once again become a pretty daunting task to be a "completist". That's to be expected. At least one positive of the reboot is the Story Group oversight and the tighter overall vision getting from RotJ to TFA (in terms of the expanded universe stuff)... and really overall (as the various new novels and comics taking place between ANH and ESB show a tight continuity without relying heavily on it... if that makes sense...).

I'm looking forward to the Star Wars Uprising mobile game. I'm a fan of long, RPG grinds, and the mobile/tablet approach (allowing you to play a bit each day) is like a smaller scale MMORPG on PC both in hardware capabilities and time requirements... I like that. The idea I can pop on and play a few minutes or a few hours if I chose is nice, I love Diablo like dungeon crawlers (and Uprising seems like the Star Wars version of that), and I'm looking forward to seeing how this new post-RotJ era shapes up with all the new novels and comics coming out over the next few months leading up to the movie's release.

Believe it's supposed to be out later this month, so looking forward to that.

As long as it's nothing like that MMO you had me play I should be good. That was excruciatingly repetitive. From what I've seen this is more like Future Fight.

I'm looking forward to the Star Wars Uprising mobile game.

I don't normally get into those types of games but since the complete canon is so accessible at this point I'm trying to get everything, including books. So I will be giving that a shot.

I don't normally get into those types of games but since the complete canon is so accessible at this point I'm trying to get everything, including books. So I will be giving that a shot.

I honestly used to play only console games, but over the past few years (due to better devices and not having much time to play console games) most of my gaming is mobile gaming now. Admittedly only two, Simpsons - Tapped Out and Star Wars - Commander... Uprising will make 3. The appeal of mobile gaming for me is that I can play for a few minutes a few times a day.

Being an adult sucks.

I've reached the point where I stop having fun with these games. Can't play the next mission without leveling up. I'm fine with grinding for side quests, but I don't think you should ever have to grind for main story stuff. It's just a super cheap way to make the game last longer. I haven't even touched Commander in weeks (mainly because I had to uninstall it to fit a different game on here). For some reason nothing is installing to my SD card either.

Last edited:
I've reached the point where I stop having fun with these games. Can't play the next mission without leveling up. I'm fine with grinding for side quests, but I don't think you should ever have to grind for main story stuff. It's just a super cheap way to make the game last longer. I haven't even touched Commander in weeks (mainly because I had to uninstall it to fit a different game on here). For some reason nothing is installing to my SD card either.

I've never played an RPG (and especially MMORPG) where grinding to get to a certain level to unlock a new level or gear isn't an inherent part of the game, just like it is in Uprising.

Besides, it doesn't take much to level, and I'm now lvl 30. Literally 3-5 missions is all it takes per level.

When I'd run into a level in the main story that was locked, I was always only a level below, so it took only doing a couple of the repeatable assault missions to level up the the required level.

Its really not the big deal you're making it out to be. I can usually level within 15-20 minutes of play time, not a big deal at all.

Besides, doing those assault missions gives you a lot of Components and Gear that can be salvaged (for more components) to level up your weapons. They also provide a fair amount of credits (as do the Credits missions).

Last edited:
I'm adding back in the Korean webcomic adaptation of A New Hope, as they've just begun releasing translated English versions, and it does offer new material that expands on Luke's childhood and teen years.

The official translated versions can be read here:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/Star Wars/list?title_no=544

The first three chapters are already up, and it looks like they'll be releasing two chapters per week, so the A New Hope adaptation should be done in about 6 weeks or so, at which point they'll start translating the ESB adaptation thats currently being released weekly in Korean, and then finally they'll begin a RotJ adaptation.

I'm adding back in the Korean webcomic adaptation of A New Hope, as they've just begun releasing translated English versions, and it does offer new material that expands on Luke's childhood and teen years.

The official translated versions can be read here:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/Star Wars/list?title_no=544

The first three chapters are already up, and it looks like they'll be releasing two chapters per week, so the A New Hope adaptation should be done in about 6 weeks or so, at which point they'll start translating the ESB adaptation thats currently being released weekly in Korean, and then finally they'll begin a RotJ adaptation.

I knew this was going to be good, but wow. I know the story by heart and this still feels fresh and new. This is a really good retelling. I love how much of Anakin's personality is in Luke and this is making me really want an Obi-Wan movie.

Added all the new short stories to be released that tie in with The Force Awakens. Many will be released as ebooks the end of November and into December, with an anthology collection released in April, 2016 that'll collect some of them. Also added title for the upcoming short story in SWI #162, also a tie-in to The Force Awakens.

Martin Fisher, who writes almost all of the comic shorts in the Star Wars Rebels Magazine, clarified placement for most of the stories:

Here's that list for you. Please note that I didn't write Eyes on the prize so I don't know where that slots into the time line:

Ring Race- Set between Fighter Flight and Rise of the Old Masters

Learning Patience- Set between Rise of the Old Masters and Breaking Ranks

The Fake Jedi- Set between Breaking Ranks and Out of Darkness

Kallus' Hunt- Set between Breaking Ranks and Out of Darkness

Return of the Slavers- Set between Gathering Forces and Path of the Jedi

Sabotaged Supplies- Set between Path of Jedi and Idiots Array

Ezra's Vision- Set between Vision of Hope and Call to Action

Senate Perspective- Set between Fire Across the Galaxy and Siege of Lothal

Becoming Hunted- Vision of Hope and Call to Action

Assessment- Set just before Call to Action

Ocean Rescue- Set between Fire Across the Galaxy and Siege of Lothal

Secrets of Sienar- Set between Relics of the Old Republic and Always Two There Are

I hope this helps. Our publishing schedule got a bit messed up so that's why the latter stories are out of sequence. Also not we didn't actually start placing stories between episodes right away. That came a little bit later and we had no knowledge of what was happening in the upcoming episodes at the time.

Thanks,
Martin

So apparently the final two episodes of the season for Star Wars - Rebels Season 2 will be called "Twilight of the Apprentice, Parts I-II".

That doesn't bode well for a certain former Padawan from The Clone Wars...

I read the title and was thinking Ezra. I guess I don't really see Ashoka as an apprentice anymore. She's definitely going to die though and we will all cry because we've spent the last eight years with Snips. Even though we hated her when she first appeared she grew on us and we love her now. The writers are heartless bastards, everyone of them. Creating something just to take it away in the most heart wrenching way possible.

Last edited:
I read the title and was thinking Ezra. I guess I don't really see Ashoka as an apprentice anymore. She's definitely going to die though and we will all cry because we've spent the last eight years with Snips. Even though we hated her when she first appeared she grew on us and we love her now. The writers are heartless bastards, everyone of them. Creating something just to take it away in the most heart wrenching way possible.

I doubt its Ezra, especially since we know Vader and Ahsoka will be squaring off per the Season 2 trailer for the second half of the season.

I doubt its Ezra, especially since we know Vader and Ahsoka will be squaring off per the Season 2 trailer for the second half of the season.

Twilight refers to night AKA a dark time. The trailer shows Maul about to train Ezra. Just saying.

Thanks, I totally had absolutely no clue what "twilight" meant. I thought Stephanie Meyers totally came up with that word. Thanks for educating me.

You're welcome, I would have figured you'd known it Meyers didn't come up with it, but I guess I was wrong

Latest posts

Back