Spider-Men sequel is finally coming...

Oh good news. I wish they would put Miles back in his own comic with his old crew though. I miss Ganke and everyone else that was building up there.

I just don't understand why people care about this. The first mini was garbage.

Have to agree with Ice. Spider-Men wasn't epically fantastic, but it certainly wasn't garbage. I enjoyed the 616 Peter learning about the Ultimate version's death.

And I thought the reveal that Ultimate Mysterio was actually an avatar of 616 Mysterious was pretty cool. It wouldn't have worked for anyone else.

So far Spider-Men is my favorite Miles story. Super stoked for the second one!

Ultimate mysterio was a bad ass! I loved all the mystery, it seemed a little but of a stretch that regular fish bowl guy could invent all that but hey ho it worked out pretty well.

The problem with all the ultimate series seems to be that because it's constantly under threat of being pulled or re-re-invented that you get lots of loose endings and rushed plot points.

I much prefer the mini series that have clear story arcs!

I actually found Spider-men fairly mediocre. Too much time was spent on the set-up, so I thought that the characters didn't get the time together than they should have. It certainly had its touching moments, but ultimately left me feeling pretty ambivalent. I don't really care one way or the other about a sequel (although I still think that Miles should be kept out of 616).

I much prefer the mini series that have clear story arcs!

I like mini-series too, at least in theory, but we haven't had a good Ultimate one for a long time - arguably since Galactus. Thor, Armor Wars, and Human all came close, but having only four issues, felt really rushed in the end. Actually, that's probably my biggest problem with the shorter Ultimate minis: they needed another issue or two to wrap stuff up. All the others have been crap like Doom, or Power, or Captain America. I think the best balance is like how USM was at its height: arc-based storytelling that's more or less a bunch of inter-connected mini-series.

Latest posts

Back