The fate of the Ultimate Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Re: Comic Solicitations for March, 2014.

No Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (in March solicitations) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The fate of the Ultimate Universe

Yeah, that's interesting that there are no Ultimate titles. Either they really did end it and wipe it out in February's Cataclysm issues, or they'll start a series or new #1 issues in a few months.

I'm pretty good either way, personally.

Or more like because the event is still happening, they don't want to solicit anything to give an answer one way or the other. By February we should have an answer.

Won't that make it impossible for people to preorder those titles if they wait until only a few weeks before the month begins?
I'm saying that in February we'll get the answer and thus be solicited for April or May.

Last edited:
I'm saying that in February we'll get the answer and thus be solicited for April or May.

Ah ok. So basically like I said in my post, they're taking a month or two off and may possibly relaunch a couple months later.

I wonder if it's worthwhile for Marvel to bother keeping the Ultimate universe alive. Do they still sell well? Even if Ult Spider-Man sells well, I'd think them bringing him to the 616 universe would be a way to get rid of the rest of the Ultimate characters/world while folding Miles into the 616 universe titles.

This article points out that the Ultimate titles have indeed been selling poorly, down around the rate where books in the 616 universe get cancelled, except USM, whose sales are also falling.

http://comicsalliance.com/ultimate-spider-man-miles-morales-marvel-universe-crossover-cataclysm/

Perhaps the Cataclysm event was Marvel's attempt to test the interest and ability of the Ultimate titles to being readers back. So I suppose whether it returns may depend on sales of Cataclysm.

But like I said, while it may be a bit sad to see it go, the quality of the titles other than USM has fallen drastically, and I wouldn't mind seeing it come to an end, OR use Cataclysm to kill off most or all of the other Ultimate heroes and leave Miles alone in the universe, so USM can continue, since that's still a decent book, and Bendis has stated he's intent on continuing to write the book. Whether Miles stays in the 616 universe remains to be seen.

I still think they should just leave USM as it is and cancel the other books. They don't cross-over, it doesn't matter.

My absolute ideal situation would be if Bendis wrote USM and a re-launched Ultimate team-up so he has free reign over all the characters that are left.

This article points out that the Ultimate titles have indeed been selling poorly, down around the rate where books in the 616 universe get cancelled, except USM, whose sales are also falling.

http://comicsalliance.com/ultimate-spider-man-miles-morales-marvel-universe-crossover-cataclysm/

Perhaps the Cataclysm event was Marvel's attempt to test the interest and ability of the Ultimate titles to being readers back. So I suppose whether it returns may depend on sales of Cataclysm.

But like I said, while it may be a bit sad to see it go, the quality of the titles other than USM has fallen drastically, and I wouldn't mind seeing it come to an end, OR use Cataclysm to kill off most or all of the other Ultimate heroes and leave Miles alone in the universe, so USM can continue, since that's still a decent book, and Bendis has stated he's intent on continuing to write the book. Whether Miles stays in the 616 universe remains to be seen.

I still think they should just leave USM as it is and cancel the other books. They don't cross-over, it doesn't matter.

My absolute ideal situation would be if Bendis wrote USM and a re-launched Ultimate team-up so he has free reign over all the characters that are left.

From Bleeding Cool:

Will The Ultimate Universe… Survive? Will It Be… An Incursion? (CREATIVE TEAM UPDATE)

Every time this comes up it just makes me sad how they have let this line fall into ruin.

It's terrible. Stop trying to milk something that has been creatively dead for years. Let it die.

Won't that make it impossible for people to preorder those titles if they wait until only a few weeks before the month begins?
Looks like Marvel already had a solicitation and they just kept it secret. Could this be the answer?

From Newsarama:

What the Heck is Survive #1? Coming on March 26, 2014 is an issue that wasn't in the Marvel solicitations, but only on the checklist. It's called Survive #1. And that's all we know about it.

Interestingly, however, there are no "Ultimate" titles at all in March. February sees Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #5 hit, the final issue of the big crossover event that sees Galactus from the regular "616" Marvel Universe attacking the Ultimate Universe. Does Galactus find success?

If we must place a guess (and yes, we must), we'd say Galactus is at least closer to successful than he's ever been in the 616. The big question is whether the Survival in the title refers to characters trying to survive in the Ultimate Universe, or perhaps characters that originated in the Ultimate Universe trying to figure out how to survive in the main Marvel Universe? We know Miles at least visits 616. Maybe he winds up there to stay...

Last edited:

I'm confused because as far as I know Galactus has never consumed an entire universe nor does he have the power to outright destroy one.

I'm confused because as far as I know Galactus has never consumed an entire universe nor does he have the power to outright destroy one.

True. However, if he does succeed in consuming Earth, that would effectively wipe out the setting for all the major Ultimate titles and characters. And even the cosmic Ultimate characters (Vision, Captain Marvel) have all been wiped out by Galactus already, except for Rick Jones, who will probably end up as the deus ex machina savior assuming Galactus doesn't succeed.

What? Mahr Vehl's dead!?

What a waste of a great character.

Does captain America wake up at the end of ultimates 2 and say he had a bad dream? That his world became a series of violent and poorly conceived stories rushed through? And then they just start again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back