Gotham TV Series news

Why center a show on Bruce Wayne at an age where he is the least interesting and the most inactive? How does that choice benefit "Gotham's" long game? And what do we gain by watching Batman grow up to fight a rogues gallery that will be middle-age by the time he puts on the cowl?

We shouldn't be left asking these questions. We should be totally onboard with a Gotham-set procedural. Instead, we're left wishing we re-read "Gotham Central."

This is why I have no interest in this. They could have made Gotham Central, which is what everyone has wanted for years, and they chose not to.

This is why I have no interest in this. They could have made Gotham Central, which is what everyone has wanted for years, and they chose not to.

It's not that they chose not to, they really couldn't. They'd never be able to have Batman show up in a Gotham Central show, due to the embargo used by WB. That would've only pissed off fans and viewers before too long.

They'd never be able to have Batman show up in a Gotham Central show, due to the embargo used by WB.

They don't need him to show up - that's the great thing about Gotham Central. Sure, he showed up in the comic but he could just as easily have not. The threat of Batman doing GCPD's jobs for them was what made that show great. You absolutely could do that without having the actual character appear.

They don't need him to show up - that's the great thing about Gotham Central. Sure, he showed up in the comic but he could just as easily have not. The threat of Batman doing GCPD's jobs for them was what made that show great. You absolutely could do that without having the actual character appear.

I'm not saying you couldn't, I'm saying the likely references to Batman without him ever showing up would just piss off the general audience for the show.

I'm not saying you couldn't, I'm saying the likely references to Batman without him ever showing up would just piss off the general audience for the show.

They could heavily build the legend of Batman and then show him briefly in the finale. Season two would have to have full on Batman in it though as Gordon's partner.

They could heavily build the legend of Batman and then show him briefly in the finale. Season two would have to have full on Batman in it though as Gordon's partner.

And that's specifically why a Gotham Central show won't happen while WB has this Batman embargo policy. I'm surprised Ra's al Ghul is appearing in Arrow Season 3, though I suppose that means WB has no plans for the character in the DC film universe that's spawning out of Man of Steel.

Latest posts

Back