Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (aka the Harry Potter spinoff)

Lithium

I'm on my phone so I can't link to anything, but this morning it was announced that JK Rowling herself will write a spinoff series of movies focusing on Newt Scamander (the fictitious author from the Potterverse) supposedly set in 1920's New York.

Personally I think the world that Rowling created is rich with storytelling opportunities, and this could go very well or very poorly. It might be advantageous that we never met Newt as a character, as it means these movies have a relatively blank slate to go from. Either way, slapping a 'Harry Potter' somewhere in the title or marketing is pretty much printing money, so for Rowling and WB it is a win-win situation.

It's funny to me that they're calling it a Harry Potter spin-off, when it doesn't sound like it's related to Harry Potter at all. The universe as a whole, yes, but not Harry Potter.

Regardless, I loved the books and movies and am excited for this.

It's funny to me that they're calling it a Harry Potter spin-off, when it doesn't sound like it's related to Harry Potter at all. The universe as a whole, yes, but not Harry Potter. Regardless, I loved the books and movies and am excited for this.
Honestly I can't believe their making a movie based on a textbook I love harry potter but I hope this isn't just a money making scheme.

I saw this last night. It's easily the best Harry Potter related film they have made. My friend has a theory that
Dumbledore's sister Ariana was an obscurial.
It fits perfectly.

Latest posts

Back