Batman/Superman news and rumors

Okay its been brought up on other sites BUT Is there a smear campaign against Batman V Superman / DC ?

uWkpjf7.png

That is not just a coincidence as someone put it on reddit
All the accounts don't seem to be linked with each other. Either this is botted, or people are writing it because of some sort of "deal" online (a lot of surveys for fake products online require that users to either post or tweet certain things so they can get their "prize"). The Tweet is TOO specific to purely be a coincidental joke and too manufactured and clustered to be uncontrolled

Also sites that do lists like "top 10" ect... keep all doing these http://whatculture.com/film/batman-v-superman-6-reasons-its-doomed-to-fail.php http://whatculture.com/film/6-dc-movie-sins-batman-v-superman-will-probably-commit.php http://whatculture.com/film/9-ways-the-batman-v-superman-trailer-proves-the-movie-will-suck.php there I did multiple from one source (and no where near half on there) just to prove its not just 1 l

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-signs-dc-comics-has-no-clue-how-to-make-superhero-movies/ http://www.cracked.com/video_19214_what-r-rated-batman-vs.-superman-would-actually-look-like.html and more

There's a big enough gap between BvS and CW for it to be desperate fanboys. Most obvious choice is Disney/Marvel as it's a rival. One of the sites always doing "Anti-dc" lists had a writer step down after admitting he was paid for some of his lists and articles (he not did say which) I mean google Batman vs superman will fail , You will see so much negativity more than there is against much worse films. Example I see more hate aimed at DC's movies than michael bay movies!

The worst is seems to be working and all i see now is sheep saying this will fail or worse threy say dc movies were never good and even list the dark knight movies as "bad" , I know people on here will mostly respond with "No, conspiracy geez" or "Geez your been so negative saying that :please::please: " but I posted it as its seem genuine.

I've never seen a movie have so much negativity thrown at it for just existing. It's not even the other more hypocritical thing of "No one wants to see heroes vs heroes thats why civil war will win" as that's fanboyism and really funny because of what civil war is. I just the the hate for the sake of it at this movie.

Well, the early critic reviews are pretty bad... sigh.

Unsurprisingly Affleck's Batman is praised and surprisingly Gadot's Wonder Woman is a highlight, but apparently the rest of the film is a damn mess. Too bad, I was really hoping Snyder would correct the mistakes he made with Man of Steel, but apparently he didn't, at all.

Will check it out tomorrow night, but I'm not expecting good things. :(

Just got back... yeah... its about as described by most critics, unfortunately.

There's some good stuff: Affleck's Batman and Gadot's Wonder Woman are good. Eisenberg's Lex is weird and off-kilter, which was a refreshing take.

I didn't like much else about it.

Despite Superman driving the plot, he's treated largely as an afterthought, almost window dressing. And, Snyder once again put spectacle and action over story and characterization. And yet, there's just too much going on, without any real satisfying payoff.

It really is kind of a mess. So much potential wasted. I give it a 5/10. Its buoyed by some small saving graces, but there's just too much that didn't hit the mark. Ultimately, it just doesn't have any heart to it, which is the aspect that largely keeps the MCU films so successful: they get the characters and the world they live in, and are able to successfully translate that to screen. WB/DC seem to intent on being different to Marvel in that sense, so have decided on an overly dark, grim, depressing approach to differentiate themselves... least thats how it comes off to me. And its just not working.

I will say I loved it. Batman was fantastic , Wonder Woman was great , Superman like man of steel was great. I know some critics slammed it BUT I feel they missed the point. There is lot's in the movie not explained BUT if you are a fan you know the answers. It sort of reminds me of the cgi resident evil films, not good as "everyone movies" BUT good as fan movies. I fewel this hits a lot of highs and does so much right.

Lex was off I will grant you as my only complaint as he felt like a watered down joker not like Lex but the rest was great. It had great lines "Breaking news crime wave in gotham .... in other breaking news water is wet" That was great! Also
HOLY **** THEY ACTUALLY HAD THE BALLS TO KILL SUPERMAN
They also did a great job in making batman and superman seem like heroes. I.e neither was really a villain. Like civil war 1 comic I felt iron man was too much a villain. This one I was agreeing with both sides (like the civil war movie looks to have to done too) I love that as you can pick a side instead of having a side thrust upon you

One complaint people have is it's too boring and less "fun" like a marvel summer blockbuster. I say it's not trying to be like a marvel films. It's more philosophical and more frooted in realism. I will just say BOTH are good but people go "things dont need to be dark to be dark" and it's true BUT things dont need to be bright to be bright either. The movie actually looks and for the most part answers "What if superman was real" It's also a great piece of a larger puzzle. Example Man of steel he was not quiet superman he was starting off, This film he's looking for peaceful solutions , He risks a lot for his loved ones and inspires the heroes of the world to come together. This WAS superman.

Like I said lex is bad BUT the rest of the film is great and how they tied it in to Man of Steel was great. Loved it can not wait for Suicide Squad now to see more Batfleck. Can't wait for extended edition bluray

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing it for a second time.

It works a bit better on second viewing.

No doubt Ben Affleck is the best live-action Batman so far. The characterization, the costume, the voice... it all worked incredibly well. Jeremy Irons as Alfred was perfect as well.

Gadot's Wonder Woman was great. It's nice when negative fan assumptions end up so wrong, as is the case here.

Unfortunately, Superman doesn't really get the screen time/development he deserved. While I agree that its ok to take a darker and grittier approach compared to Marvel Studios, I'm pretty sure that approach doesn't quantify Superman in the least. He's supposed to convey hope, unbridled idealism, and an almost childlike sense of wonder. That still isn't really being conveyed properly, though at least they seem to be heading in that direction some. With him
dying and likely being resurrected in Justice League
, I'm hoping they play that up some and compound the inherent sense of wonder and amazement further due to said
inevitable resurrection

Snyder seems to not really understand or appreciate what makes these characters such icons. A perfect example of that is how they
killed off Jimmy Olsen in the early scene with Lois in the desert. Yes, the CIA agent that was shot was Jimmy Olsen. Let that sink in. I mean... wtf, Snyder?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...t-jimmy-olsen-is-in-batman-v-superman-a132611

I'm ok with them changing plots and aspects of characters to better serve the story (I don't think the films need to slavishly follow the comics, and they shouldn't, but there are certain aspects of the characters and world that really shouldn't be changed as they change the dynamics of the character/world too much), but I don't see how them doing what they did with him accomplishes that at all.

I also wasn't a fan of Batman being willing to kill. One, because thats one of those elements of the character that's inherently important to his mythos, and two, if Batman is willing to kill... why the hell is the Joker still alive in the DCEU? That seems like a hell of a plot hole.

The film's biggest problem is that it's just so disjointed and trying to do too much at once. I get that its largely trying to set up the larger DCEU, but a lot of it just came off as a ham-fisted advertisement for Justice League, much like in Iron Man 2.

Its not a terrible film, it just isn't a great one either. It's a grand attempt that ended up pretty mediocre.

The action and spectacle aspects of it were great, but the film just kind of left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Stuff I liked, stuff I didn't, but feel like they missed the mark for what they were going for.

I will say I loved it. Batman was fantastic , Wonder Woman was great , Superman like man of steel was great. I know some critics slammed it BUT I feel they missed the point. There is lot's in the movie not explained BUT if you are a fan you know the answers. It sort of reminds me of the cgi resident evil films, not good as "everyone movies" BUT good as fan movies. I fewel this hits a lot of highs and does so much right.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. That does not work in the slightest. If the movie doesn't explain things then that is a MASSIVE flaw. References are things that fans would only get that have no bearing on the plot, Cap's shield in Iron Man for example. Character motivations have to be made clear, story beats cannot go unexplained, and using "fans will know what is going on" as an excuse isolates a large portion of the audience. This movie was made for EVERYONE which means EVERYONE needs to be on the same page. Otherwise it's poorly written schlock. I am speaking in general, I have not seen BvS, but using the Resident Evil films is a good example of this.

Last edited:
Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. That does not work in the slightest. If the movie doesn't explain things then that is a MASSIVE flaw. References are things that fans would only get that have no bearing on the plot, Cap's shield in Iron Man for example. Character motivations have to be made clear, story beats cannot go unexplained, and using "fans will know what is going on" as an excuse isolates a large portion of the audience. This movie was made for EVERYONE which means EVERYONE needs to be on the same page. Otherwise it's poorly written schlock. I am speaking in general, I have not seen BvS, but using the Resident Evil films is a good example of this.

I agree, but that isn't really the case. The character motivations are illustrated clearly and work very well. The film really is FAR better than critics or the RT score would convey (that score is a joke), it's surprisingly dense, and honestly kind of requires multiple viewings to absorb it all (there really is a lot going on).

I'm likely going to see it again tomorrow after work with my buddy (his first viewing). Second viewing worked much better for me than the first, so I definitely recommend people see it a couple times to absorb all it throws at you. Pacing seemed to work better the second time around as well.

I am really looking forward to the Ultimate Edition Bluray that'll be out in July.

The best way to describe BvS is to say it's really the most faithful DC comic movie made in awhile, arguably ever. It's just a LOT of plot/characterization/world building packed into two and a half hours. It has its problems, but it's FAR better than the 30% score on RT. I read an article claiming it's worse than Catwoman or the Fantastic 4 reboot from last year... that isn't true at all. It's a solid 7/10 film. Not perfect, has its issues, and probably would've benefited from paring the running time back by a half hour or so (there was some stuff that wasn't necessary and just felt like unnecessary padding), but it definitely was more enjoyable second time around. It's also far more cerebral than I was expecting, which offers a nice dichotomy compared to the Marvel films, which have a lot of heart but don't require much contemplation/reflection, whereas BvS does. My second viewing really did improve my opinion of the film. :)

Last edited:
From everyone I have talked to they've all agreed it deserves the 5/10 rating on RT. You have to remember that 29% is only reflective on the number of positive reviews and not an actual rating itself. I'm still not giving WB money for this film regardless. I lost all interest when I learned about the pee jar scene. Why did Marvel and DC waste Scoot McNairy?

Otherwise it's poorly written schlock. I am speaking in general, I have not seen BvS, but using the Resident Evil films is a good example of this.

I used the cgi Resident Evil films as in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjuN0xUJssg , a difference that since you didn't get I'll assume you weren't a RE fan and thus the point is lost. The rest of the argument is pointless if you have not seen it so I wont bother. but i wanted to make it clear which RE as live action sucks.

I used the cgi Resident Evil films as in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjuN0xUJssg , a difference that since you didn't get I'll assume you weren't a RE fan and thus the point is lost. The rest of the argument is pointless if you have not seen it so I wont bother. but i wanted to make it clear which RE as live action sucks.

I've played every Resident Evil game, I forgot the animated films existed.

Latest posts

Back