Trillium by Jeff Lemire (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
Did anyone pick this up? I did on a whim because despite the hype it was totally off my radar and, while I generally like Jeff Lemire, he's a little hit-and-miss.

This, however, is a really good start. It's an 8 issue miniseries written and drawn by Lemire. The plot, as revealed by Lemire:

It's the year 3797 and botanist Nika Temsmith is researching a species of strange plant-based life forms on a remote science station near the outermost rim of colonized space.

It's the year 1921, and war-scarred explorer William Pike leads an expedition into the dense jungles of Peru in search of the fabled "Lost Temple of The Incas," an elusive sanctuary said to have strange healing properties.

Two disparate souls separated by thousands of years and hundreds of millions of miles. Yet they will fall in love and, as a result, bring about the end of the universe. Even though reality is unraveling all around them, nothing can pull them apart. This isn't just a love story, it's the last love story ever told.

The story is basically told in two halves, from the perspectives of 2 different people. I don't know if all issues will be like this.

Anyway, as soon as I finished it I called my LCS and added it to my pulls.

Latest posts

Back