Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
New ongoing coming November with the first arc to have Nightcrawler's return! The first arc is called "The Quest for Nightcrawler" and the series will have Firestar joining the ranks of the Jean Grey School staff/X-Men!

Firestar and Iceman on the same team! I think I'm going into shock here... :crazy:

The book is basically replacing Astonishing as it won't deal with the school (that's Wolverine & The X-Men), just the X-Men going on their missions and what-not.

"Jason Aaron: Wolverine and the X-Men stays a school book. It still involves a lot of the same characters, but it's more them as teachers at the school, and this is about those same characters outside the school, out in the world being X-Men."

Jason Aaron has done some interviews with CBR and Newsarama about it.

1374193900.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Amazing X-Men (Aaron/McGuinness)

New ongoing coming November with the first arc to have Nightcrawler's return! The first arc is called "The Quest for Nightcrawler"
Yay!!
Firestar and Iceman on the same team! I think I'm going into shock here... :crazy:
This comic should be called X-Men and their Amazing Friends

Who else besides Friday and myself are reading this?

The first arc was kind of meh. I love that Kurt is back and Ed McGuinness on it is great. But pirate Azazel was maybe not the best choice? I've never found him as an interesting character so unfortunately that played into the dislike of his appearance.

That said, I am extremely excited about Kathryn Immonen's one-shot with Spider-Man guest starring for an Amazing Friends reunion. (And Kyle & Yost coming on as the new writers starting with #8.)

Newsarama has a few penciled preview pages. Art looking fantastic. I NEED THIS NOW!!!

AX-MEN_7-page-5.jpg

Last edited:
I could not disagree more. After Mark Millar made me despise X-Men when Ultimate X-Men was my first X-Men comic this comic finally made me a complete X-Men fan. I'm actually dropping it after the Amazing Friends issue because I know nothing they do will be able to compare to how perfect that arc was. I laughed, I cheered, and I even cried (that page with Kurt and Logan hugging got me so badly)

Last edited:
Jason Aaron's leaving already? :( That's a pity. I really liked his first arc.

That just leaves him on Thor and Original Sin, right? I wonder where he'll be moving next. I'd say it would make sense for him to take a break from the mainstream stuff to do some more indie work, but I don't imagine they'd have him writing an event right before he leaves. Avengers seems likely, given he's such a big name at the company, but I'm not sure when Hickman's run is scheduled to end. Any ideas?

Jason Aaron's leaving already? :( That's a pity. I really liked his first arc.

That just leaves him on Thor and Original Sin, right? I wonder where he'll be moving next. I'd say it would make sense for him to take a break from the mainstream stuff to do some more indie work, but I don't imagine they'd have him writing an event right before he leaves. Avengers seems likely, given he's such a big name at the company, but I'm not sure when Hickman's run is scheduled to end. Any ideas?

He's got a new Image comic called Southern Bastards coming out soon. I'm not sure what else he's working on.

How is the new issue? I dropped it last issue.

This looks so good since night crawler is in it, I'm so exited to read it :D

How is the new issue? I dropped it last issue.

I could take it o leave it. I'd say th best issue of the series was probably last issue's fill in. I'm really not sure why this book exists. At first I thought it was to continue Jason Aaron's X-Men stories but with him off the book so quickly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Each of the other X-Books have a solid identity and this one is just sort of another one but with Nightcrawler.

This book is the X-Men staff being X-Men. As in going on missions and all. WATX is about the students and school than anything else.

The new issue was good and I love that Kyle and Yost are taking over as they've written great X-books/stories in the past.

I could take it o leave it. I'd say th best issue of the series was probably last issue's fill in. I'm really not sure why this book exists. At first I thought it was to continue Jason Aaron's X-Men stories but with him off the book so quickly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Each of the other X-Books have a solid identity and this one is just sort of another one but with Nightcrawler.

Hm. I thought last issue was the "worst" (it wasn't bad by any means, but Jason Aaron's stuff was just so damn good). I might try it.

Latest posts

Back