Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand (Bendis/Bagley)

I bet Miles goes to 616 for help, and they beat Galactus using the power of the Care Bear Stare.

Or put the Ultimate Nullifer in the Ultimate Universe.

Last edited:
Something I thought about recently: Hypothetically, lets say that marvel bring Miles and his supporting cast over to the main universe, but in a very contrived, poor storyline. After this however, the stories they are starring in turn out to be really, really good. How would you guys feel about that? I remember hating OMD, then really enjoying BND afterward a few years back. Would one bad storyline ruin the rest of them or not?

Something I thought about recently: Hypothetically, lets say that marvel bring Miles and his supporting cast over to the main universe, but in a very contrived, poor storyline. After this however, the stories they are starring in turn out to be really, really good. How would you guys feel about that? I remember hating OMD, then really enjoying BND afterward a few years back. Would one bad storyline ruin the rest of them or not?

If they bring him over in a terribly convoluted way (which I'm sure they will) but they install him as Spidey and tell good stories with him, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Ruin it - no. But I would still hate it.

Incidentally I'm thinking of starting a support group for people who liked OMD.

The cover for #4 got revealed.

SPOILERS!

Here's the hilarious variant cover

tumblr_mzlv1g3RG71ru8adho2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. The Cataclysm - Ult X-men series has been really bad, and the last issue (#3) was atrocious. The dialogue and character motivations were idiotic. Rogue and Cap Marvel start making out after just meeting, while a horde of Gah Lak Tus drones are attacking their friends. And as they teleport back to their dimension from the pocket dimension the mini takes place in, Cap Marvel stays behind to "hold off the drones" even though he could easily have went with them.

So much moronic crap.

Ugh. The Cataclysm - Ult X-men series has been really bad, and the last issue (#3) was atrocious. The dialogue and character motivations were idiotic. Rogue and Cap Marvel start making out after just meeting, while a horde of Gah Lak Tus drones are attacking their friends. And as they teleport back to their dimension from the pocket dimension the mini takes place in, Cap Marvel stays behind to "hold off the drones" even though he could easily have went with them.

So much moronic crap.

At least this was most likely the last issue of Ultimate X-men until they reboot the whole line in 2 or 3 years. :-D

I like his non-Ultimate stuff. His Ultimate stuff just felt like setting up to me so I'm curious about what is next.

Latest posts

Back