Avengers Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) (spoilers)

Re: Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) March 2013.

The major character deaths should be all off panel. So they are even less impacting than they would be anyways.

The major character deaths should be all off panel. So they are even less impacting than they would be anyways.

All action should happen off panel.

It should be an event told entirely in glib conversation between the big set pieces.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.... Not all glibness and not in Bendis breakfast table speak, but a clever idea.

Last edited:

THE RETURN OF THE CHROMIUM COVER!

BC2A9IoCYAEX0AT.jpg:large

Ok, so I got this book with the chrome cover and that was pretty cool but what the heck? Did I miss something here? Did they just randomly make a Ultron world? Does this or will this effect anything in the regular universe?

I'm more confused about why it took two issues for Captain America to stand up.

I'm more confused about why it took two issues for Captain America to stand up.

Hahaha! Yeah, no ****. All to say that he has a plan! I wasn't sure if they were trying to make me laugh or if it was serious!

According to Bendis, we're not going to see how this "age" began, or so that's how it sounds (via his Tumblr).

"As described in the book itself age of Ultron is happening in 616 reality in the here and now. *it is not in the future, it is not an alternative reality, it is not a trick, dream or imaginary tale…

except that they are all imaginary tales :)

*unlike some stories, we purposely dropped you into the story after some horrible things that already happened including what happened to black widow’s eye. *leaving it up to your horrible violent imagination.
"

Last edited:

I love how he doesn't even want to bother on explaining on what is going on. Just, it's going on, deal with it.

I was so put off by the whole first issue, I'm not going to bother with anymore, and mainly, it was because "Here's Age of Ultron, Here's Hawkeye rescuing a Spider-man that is acting like Peter Parker not Doc Ock, BOOM! DEAL WITH IT!"

I love how he doesn't even want to bother on explaining on what is going on. Just, it's going on, deal with it.

I don't really have a problem with creating and describing the world before explaining how it got to that point. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect that things will be explained. Hopefully that's done in this book and not a crossover.

There have been teases of a surprise character appearing toward the end of this, and based on the teases a lot of people have been thinking it's Marvelman. Joe Q. is drawing the final few pages of the last issue because it's supposedly so secret. Here's what was posted at Bleeding Cool:

Guarding the secret has been Marvel's number one job, but it seems there more than one aspect to Age Of Ultron's ending that they are trying to keep confidential. Everyone seems to think I love to spoil stories but it's just not true, when I discovered one aspect to the ending of Age Of Ultron after the Marvel Summit, they asked me not to run it, so I didn't (even though it screams at me from this month's solicitations- could only eight people really know this one?)

Later, however, I was told a different aspect to the ending, which caused Marvel to properly panic when I shared with Marvel that I knew it – or at least a part of it – and I was told there were all sorts of legal implications if this story got spoiled by me. And so, again, I'm not running it, but I will give you a hint because you deserve at least that, "an unexpected guest star joining the Marvel Universe…"

But today it was revealed that the character is Neil Gaiman's Angela (the one that appeared in Spawn and which was involved in the Miracleman lawsuit between Gaiman and Todd McFarlane). It was mentioned in the New York Times.

And Gaiman is co-writing part of Age of Ultron.

And I can't believe anyone cares anything about this character.

Maybe it's a red herring and it actually is Marvelman. I just want the Alan Moore stuff reprinted already.

I don't mind the story starting in media res. Nor do I mind the intention of leaving some things unexplained or the eightsish post-apocalyptic mood.

The problem is it has the same sort of glacial pacing as every Bendis comic, and he doesn't use that pace to fill out interesting characterization or clever world-building.

Latest posts

Back