Avengers Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) (spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Marvel Issues Binary Teaser of New/Old BENDIS Project

March2013AU.jpg

"Age of Ultron"

That's what this new teaser image from Marvel Comics says in binary code, the native language of computers, and sentient homicidal robots, of course. Bendis teased the teaser on twitter, showing his enthusiasm for the long-time-coming project.

Age of Ultron, the big final (at least for now) Avengers story by Brian Michael Bendis and Bryan Hitch, is finally coming, starting in March 2013. That's what this teaser announces, giving us a definitive date for the first time.

Re: Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) March 2013.

I want to think this is cool, and maybe I would if Ultron was anything more than an evil robot.

I mean, seriously. An evil robot.

E said:
I want to think this is cool, and maybe I would if Ultron was anything more than an evil robot.

I mean, seriously. An evil robot.

I want to think it would be cool, except Bendis is so hit and miss. Which is frustrating, b/c I really like his stuff when it's good!

I want to think it would be cool, except Bendis is so hit and miss. Which is frustrating, b/c I really like his stuff when it's good!

Well, this type of story generally isn't the type that he's best at. I wouldn't expect much of this.

I'm just trying to recall if this is the second or third "final" Avengers story he's done.

Am I the only one who noticed the ENORMOUS spoiler hidden in that promo?

2013 A.U. That means the two thousand and thirteenth year of Ultron. Meaning we have been living in Ultron's reign for 2,013 years. You know what else happened 2,013 years ago? Yeah, that's right.

Ultron. Is. Jesus. Christ. Riveting plot twist, Bendis!

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
Am I the only one who noticed the ENORMOUS spoiler hidden in that promo?

* SPOILER *

I still dont know how to see spoilers on my phone

EDIT: oh wait, I just figured it out.

Jesus is way cooler than Ultron. Just sayin'

Last edited:

Since there are already colored pages meaning the next step is lettering, hopefully Marvel will be smart (a man can dream) and have at least 5 issues in the can by the time this starts, or all of it.

Age of Ultron will be a 10-issue limited series beginning in March running through June written by Brian Bendis with issues #1-5 art by Bryan Hitch and Brandon Peterson and Carlos Pacheco taking over for the back half.

We wanted to give a unique Bryan Hitch experience, which was rather than having him draw a couple issues and then wait, we didn't solicit until he had all his stuff done, so you can get it in explosive fashion. It's some of the best work of his career. - Brian Bendis

Wish granted.

I love Bendis's quote about us being surprised who survives.

That's what it has come to, people. Sometimes I really hate Marvel.

E said:
I love Bendis's quote about us being surprised who survives.

That's what it has come to, people. Sometimes I really hate Marvel.

Don't worry, no one stays dead except the Wasp & Tricia Tanaka.

The Wasp is alive.

If Hank Pym doesn't die gloriously on panel, saving the world from Ultron, I'll be surprised.

If Hank Pym doesn't die gloriously on panel, saving the world from Ultron, I'll be surprised.

There you go. That means he lives.

Latest posts

Back