Avengers Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) (spoilers)

Re: Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) March 2013. Spoilers.

Why should I care about Angela?

I don't even know what she is.

This is what I've been saying. She is a Neil Gaiman creation - she is a literal angel from Heaven that exists to hunt Hellspawn in the Spawn title by Todd McFarlane. That is her sole purpose.

I don't understand why Marvel had to obtain ownership of the character. If they needed someone that serves as a guardian of the universe (and I can think of two characters off the top of my head that exist to serve that role already), why couldn't they just create one? It would make more sense.

The Angela character, to my knowledge, has never served in any kind of guardian or protector-type role and is not a traditionally "cosmic" character. It makes as much sense as if they obtained the rights to Donald Duck and made him the guardian of the universe.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of deal that is in place between Marvel and Neil Gaiman regarding Miracleman and involving the 1602 book that also includes Angela. Maybe he insisted on it, since he has no use for the character and wanted to get something for it. Maybe it's just to slap Todd McFarlane in the face since the Miracleman rights were traded between McFarlane and Gaiman?

Latest posts

Back