Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

E

Excelsior Club
Best ending to a comic since...I don't even know when. Totally out of left field and an awesome idea. It's fair to say that I was legitimately shocked when I saw it.

Other than that it was full of great character moments and interactions. It's like Remender took his Uncanny X-Force and stepped it up a couple levels.

I'm really impressed. Highly recommended and I'll definitively keep reading.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN MISSING BECAUSE BENDIS WAS MONOPOLIZING THE BOOK WITH MEDIOCRE STORIES.

E said:
Best ending to a comic since...I don't even know when. Totally out of left field and an awesome idea. It's fair to say that I was legitimately shocked when I saw it.

Other than that it was full of great character moments and interactions. It's like Remender took his Uncanny X-Force and stepped it up a couple levels.

I'm really impressed. Highly recommended and I'll definitively keep reading.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN MISSING BECAUSE BENDIS WAS MONOPOLIZING THE BOOK WITH MEDIOCRE STORIES.

THANK YOU!

I said this (minus the last part) to Houde and he was all "Nope. Not impressed or shocked."

He's just trying to sound cool.

He lost a lot of his street cred when he admitted he likes his kid.

Re: Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

Wow. It's too early to be delayed already.

John Cassaday can't draw monthly comics.

The only real frame of reference I have is Astonishing X-Men (Planetary wasn't on a regular schedule if I recall and it wasn't his fault). Was that book chronically late? I don't remember it being so.

Planetary.

And Astonishing had some horrible delays. Which is why they switched it to bi monthly for the second season.

Isn't that why Marcel rotates artists every few issues now,so that they an put out as many as they wan regardless of artist speed?

And I read the first issue. It was OK. I won't be getting the second.

Planetary.

I thought that was more on Ellis. His books are always late, if he even finishes them.

And Astonishing had some horrible delays. Which is why they switched it to bi monthly for the second season.

I thought Astonishing went bi-monthly because Cassaday was doing Planetary at the same time. He was basically alternating every month.

No Uncanny Avengers in December

A December Without Uncanny Avengers?
Issue 3 of Marvel's biggest-selling-until-All-New-X-Men-figures-are-released Uncanny Avengers, solicited for December, has now been pushed out to January 16th. This follows the two week delay for Uncanny Avengers #2 to November 28th.

I don't understand why they would start the series without having 5 or 6 issues in the can and ready to go. How does that make sense?

Yeah, Red Skull stealing Xavier's brain to rule the world (?) feels kinda like the slot machine approach to writing. It could be a cute, fun idea if it were a lighter title with a quicker pace, but seems really... wacky for a decompressed, serious book about hero public-relations. But it's also probably due to my total lack of interest in the Red Skull and the current milieu of the Marvel universe more than anything else.

Red Skull is planning to use Xavier's brain to wipe out mutants everywhere, not to rule the world. Red Skull incarnate is now a mutant hater.

Latest posts

Back