Spider-Man The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado) SPOILERS

I've never been a fan of Superior Spider-Man. I refused to even read it until I found out it was ending. But it's not THAT bad. I mean, it's not bad b/c the current story is bad - beyond the basic premise of Ock being in Peter's body.

That said, I didn't enjoy #29. It was sort of all over the place. But I guess it was setting everything up for the final conclusion.

I look at it like that story where the Punisher is turned into a Frankenstein. It might not be the story everyone wants to read, but that doesn't mean it's not a well told story.

So, I just read the annual. The second part of the story was useless, but I guess needed to be told somewhere.
The first part was a cool story though and the art was fantastic! The colours were so vibrant!

AND I also just read issue #30. All I can say is, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

EDIT: oh, and I guess we're supposed to believe that Liz Allen is really the Goblin, buuuut I'm going back to my original thought that it's really Normie from the future/the MC2 reality (before he becomes good or maybe an alternate MC2) and that Alchemax is going to be responsible for Spider-verse.

I'm going to go on record now and predict that Goblin King/Green Goblin is actually Gabriel Stacy.

EDIT: full disclosure... I actually think it's Normie from the future (or the son of Harry and Lilly/Menace) based on his reaction to Hobgoblin's crack about Harry being a disappointment. But since that seems like a stretch, I'm going with the only goblin that hasn't been mentioned or recruited.

EDIT AGAIN: then again... Doc Ock overwrote his personality onto Peter's mind and has been living Peter/Spidey's life for the past year. So maybe far-fetched shouldn't be a concern.

Last edited:
So, Goblin really was Norman? That was confusing.

So I liked it. I laughed out loud when Spidey made the quip about the man purse and Goblin immediately knew Peter was back. Also, the part where Peter explains what happened to Spidey 2099 and his response is, "Yeah, that sounds just stupid enough to be right."

It was also kind of cool to see the continuation of Normie's story. I remember reading some of the Harry Goblin stories from the 90s and seeing how messed up Normie was by the whole thing and being really affected by that. I'm glad they've brought him back. I don't know how I feel about plastic surgery Norman though. I guess it makes sense...

One thing I was a bit confused on was the way Peter proved to Carlie that he was back. He told her something that happened when he was in Ock's body. Right after that, he died and went to Spidey heaven, but Uncle Ben sent him back, at which point his consciousness returned to his own body to "haunt" Ock. Is that right? That part is all confusing.

Last edited:
So apparently there are going to be two more issues of this that will tie back into a "dangling plot thread" from issue #19 (where he's trying to stop the time bomb thing from going off and it does sort of go off, and he disappears somewhere, but he saves the city and comes back, but isn't sure where he went). And it will show Superior Spider-Man stuck in 2099 and will tie into Spider-verse.

So apparently there are going to be two more issues of this that will tie back into a "dangling plot thread" from issue #19 (where he's trying to stop the time bomb thing from going off and it does sort of go off, and he disappears somewhere, but he saves the city and comes back, but isn't sure where he went). And it will show Superior Spider-Man stuck in 2099 and will tie into Spider-verse.

There's a rumor that Superior Spider-Man will relaunch in the nearish future (possibly with Fraction as a writer) with the "SpOck in 2099" premise.

Latest posts

Back