Avengers New Avengers (Hickman)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
What is it? Find out tomorrow, with CBR.

1349365731.jpg

Re: Avengers Omega.

It's the New Avengers logo.

New Avengers will consist of the Illuminati.

So I've been enjoying this series, but I read Hickman's Fantastic Four run between the previous issue and today's issue and it just heightened my enjoyment. The relationships between Reed, T'Challa, Namor, and Doom are much more meaningful because I've read the background stuff.

And also, I'm glad they addressed the fact that Reed is supposed to be lost in the multiverse with his family somewhere. I had totally forgotten about that.

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Deodato's art? I love Mike Deodato's art. Especially with Frank Martin on colours.

Gorgeous.

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Deodato's art? I love Mike Deodato's art. Especially with Frank Martin on colours.

Gorgeous.

He had some issues on Bendis's New Avengers that were a little rough but generally I do too. It's great here; the problems before might have just been with inks.

I finally read #8 and was surprised to see Stark standing over the body of the Living Tribunal. Did this happen in Iron Man? I stopped reading that because it is awful - what happened? Is Living Tribunal dead?

New issue was really good, but the annual absolutely blew me away! We need a Doctor Strange on-going like that stat!

This run has been very hit and miss for me. I wouldn't say there's been a single bad comic as of yet, but this story line is SO complicated and it's not quite interesting enough for the multiple re-reads that it seems like it requires to get everything.

That said, every once in a while something pretty amazing happens, like in #31 where it is revealed that Rabum Alal actually
Doom
. WHAAAAA--???

Maker vs Destroyer should be pretty epic. I said it in another thread but I am so happy that Secret Wars is taking the story back to the heart of the Marvel Universe, the Fantastic Four.

Last edited:
I took it as a combination of Doom and Molecule Man.

I have to reread the first issue of Time Runs Out. Which had Doom and Molecule Man in it. Something happened there that I probably missed the first time around.

Latest posts

Back