Ultimate Iron Patriot.

the watcher

Earlier today the cover art for Ultimate Comics Ultimates #19 was leaked. And the cover features Ultimate Iron Patriot.

1.jpg

Read more about it more here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67024

So who do you think it is??

"Ultimate Iron Patriot"

There are no words big enough to convey my disappointment with what they've done with this line.

"Ultimate Iron Patriot"

There are no words big enough to convey my disappointment with what they've done with this line.

Are we referencing the entire Ultimate line? This is worse than Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Power? If so, then for shame! You are mistaken sir!

Or are you just referencing Ultimate Comics? That would mean that this is worse than Ultimate Blade? Doubtful, but maybe...

Or are you referencing the general decline of the entire Ultimate line starting with Ultimate Spider-Man 1 all the way through Ultimate Comics X-Men 16? If so then I think this is hardly worth a blip when you have such huge crap piles like Ultimatum and Ultimate Comics Enemy to contend with.

Ice said:
With the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man.

It is a very, very good book right now, but it doesn't lessen what they did to it when Peter was killed. It was just a huge gimmick, and looking at books like Ultimates and Ultimates 2 - these weren't gimmick books.

Mattimeo84 said:
Are we referencing the entire Ultimate line? This is worse than Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Power? If so, then for shame! You are mistaken sir!

Or are you just referencing Ultimate Comics? That would mean that this is worse than Ultimate Blade? Doubtful, but maybe...

Or are you referencing the general decline of the entire Ultimate line starting with Ultimate Spider-Man 1 all the way through Ultimate Comics X-Men 16? If so then I think this is hardly worth a blip when you have such huge crap piles like Ultimatum and Ultimate Comics Enemy to contend with.

I wasn't comparing the quality to anything, I was just saying this is the latest in a series of disappointments in how this line (the general Ultimate Universe, not necessarily the Ultimate Comics line specifically) has been handled.

It is a very, very good book right now, but it doesn't lessen what they did to it when Peter was killed. It was just a huge gimmick, and looking at books like Ultimates and Ultimates 2 - these weren't gimmick books.
Well I just mean the state of it right now, is the exception currently.

USM has always been the only consistently decent one in the imprint. I know people tend to be pretty hard on certain arcs here, but I stand firm in my belief that it has only ever become outright BAD during the second Venom arc. That aside, it had a string of severely mediocre stories leading up to, and culminating with, the Clone Saga, but at the very least it has always been an enjoyable read (even when the storytelling objectively drops in quality). It's definitely the best thing currently in the UU, and the level of writing that it's currently enjoying is the exception to the norm by virtue of probably being the best the book has ever been save for one or two of the early arcs, but the general tone I'm getting from some of these posts is that many here think it has been by and large pretty ****ty. Which perplexes me.

(then again, I remember waaay back when I joined this forum, the Clone Saga was ongoing. And the sheer amount of vitriol aimed at something I was genuinely enjoying had me paralyzed about posting for a really long time. So different strokes, I guess)

It's weird: UCXM and UCU have switched places in the last few months in terms of my anticipation. Well, maybe not ENTIRELY; I eagerly awaited every new Ultimates issue right up until issue 11 or so, and I can't say I feel the same towards X-men. However, I'm definitely more interested in it than I am in Ultimates right now. If you had told me that 4 months ago, I would have laughed at you.

Zeek said:
USM has always been the only consistently decent one in the imprint. I know people tend to be pretty hard on certain arcs here, but I stand firm in my belief that it has only ever become outright BAD during the second Venom arc. That aside, it had a string of severely mediocre stories leading up to, and culminating with, the Clone Saga, but at the very least it has always been an enjoyable read (even when the storytelling objectively drops in quality). It's definitely the best thing currently in the UU, and the level of writing that it's currently enjoying is the exception to the norm by virtue of probably being the best the book has ever been save for one or two of the early arcs, but the general tone I'm getting from some of these posts is that many here think it has been by and large pretty ****ty. Which perplexes me.

(then again, I remember waaay back when I joined this forum, the Clone Saga was ongoing. And the sheer amount of vitriol aimed at something I was genuinely enjoying had me paralyzed about posting for a really long time. So different strokes, I guess)

It's weird: UCXM and UCU have switched places in the last few months in terms of my anticipation. Well, maybe not ENTIRELY; I eagerly awaited every new Ultimates issue right up until issue 11 or so, and I can't say I feel the same towards X-men. However, I'm definitely more interested in it than I am in Ultimates right now. If you had told me that 4 months ago, I would have laughed at you.

Ugh - I'm really sorry to hear that about the "paralyzed about posting" thing. I like to think we are accepting of everyone's opinions, but if that's not the case I'm really sorry. No one should ever feel like they can't speak up here.

USM was pretty bad with Carnage but got horrible with the Clone Saga and worse still with MJGoblin. That arc was an abomination. It never really recovered until Miles Morales was introduced and Bendis dialed things way back idea-wise and brought things back to basics instead of crapping out as many forced kooky ultimizations as he could.

E said:
USM was pretty bad with Carnage but got horrible with the Clone Saga and worse still with MJGoblin. That arc was an abomination. It never really recovered until Miles Morales was introduced and Bendis dialed things way back idea-wise and brought things back to basics instead of crapping out as many forced kooky ultimizations as he could.

The only two things that have ever really bothered me were the MJ Goblin and the way they brought Gwen back. That's not Gwen, it's Carnage and the reason it turned into Gwen doesn't even make sense.

Besides that I've always enjoyed USM and looked forward to it each month. I've always found it fun, even when it dropped in quality for a bit (although, that's when I got into USM, so I read those stories at the same time that I read the first few arcs so it probably didn't seem like as big a deal to me as it did to a lot of you guys).

Gwarnage actually does make sense, depending on the arc. In the Clone Saga, Gwarnage always seemed to me to be a clone of Gwen, created using the Connors techniques brought to the team by Ben Reilly (rather than the original Carnage creature "turned into" Gwen, as many seem to think it is). Now, if we take Carnage to be a biologically unstable clone itself, then suddenly Gwen turning into a similar creature makes sense: it's not a suit, or a symbiote, but a flux in her biology caused by stress. The original Carnage creature was unstable by nature, hence the stabilizing vampirism; clearly, the technique was refined when Gwen was cloned, though wasn't perfect, so stress threw her biology into a flux that looked like the Carnage creature until it was stabilized by the Spider-Slayers or other means.

Now, this doesn't explain how the Gwen clone was "cured" by Venom, and there's no real good explanation as to why Gwen specifically would have been cloned, but it's as good an explanation as any. I don't actually mind Gwarnage, just that they did nothing with her/it, even in the next arc she appears it.

"Ultimate Iron Patriot"

LoL you're telling me! It took me a long time to really get an understanding that this wasn't "Ultimate Central" anymore. That being said...

Ultimate Spidey is one of the best 3 books in Marvel right now, in my opinion. (the other two are Uncanny XForce and... Daredevil? Yea, Daredevil can get in.)

Ultimate line started failing with Ultimatum and what was that crossover where Nick Fury met Hyperion and them? That one.

Ultimate line started failing with Ultimatum and what was that crossover where Nick Fury met Hyperion and them? That one.

Also, when "the magician" showed up in Ultimate Xmen... that title has been wack ever since.

Also, when "the magician" showed up in Ultimate Xmen... that title has been wack ever since.

And he had so many promising ideas too. Future Cableverine coming back in time to kill Professor X should have been so awesome. That run was a real waste.

i really dug "cableverine" actually. not ultimate bishop tho, which is funny because i love bishop - he's one of my favorite characters.

Latest posts

Back