The Dark Knight Rises discussion (spoilers!)

How would you rate The Dark Knight Rises?

• Total voters
Zombipanda said:
Five months then. That seems more reasonable.

Yeah, it also gave Batman a reasonable amount of time to heal and build himself back up.

I like your idea ZP, but I don't think Bane was trying to make a point about the social elite or a better society. His point was to destroy Gotham after torturing it. He preached about social equality and justice to give the people that shred of hope, but all he & Talia wanted to do was cause the city to descend into anarchy before they destroyed it.

I also felt TDKR was a good bookend to Batman Begins AND a good sequel to TDK. It wrapped up themes that were introduced in Begins and dealt with the ramifications of the choices that were made at the end of TDK.

But then, I wasn't crazy about TDK like most of you guys were. So I accept that we aren't going to agree on this.

I talked to Ice about this...but I'll just give you the highlights:

- I enjoyed it more than Dark Knight. Yeah...I said it.

- Tom Hardy Bane voice should be used for everything. Period.

- Entertaining but such glaring plot holes that it just stops the film cold.

- I have been practicing my Bane voice. He is my new idol. I've also tried incorporating Bane quotes into everyday conversation. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds...

I talked to Ice about this...but I'll just give you the highlights:

- I enjoyed it more than Dark Knight. Yeah...I said it.

- Tom Hardy Bane voice should be used for everything. Period.

- Entertaining but such glaring plot holes that it just stops the film cold.

- I have been practicing my Bane voice. He is my new idol. I've also tried incorporating Bane quotes into everyday conversation. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds...

The thought of you doing a Bane voice is pretty intimidating in any situation. Yet I'm strangely glad to see your scary ass back.

Well I liked batman begins. I'm also a fan of Liam neeson so that helped too but the next two I thought weren't that good. For one I don't like dark, serious films. For another the aweful plot holes and yeah I get every movie has them, but not as many as this movie had TDK was ok I still wasn't too impressed by it (I know I'll get pounded for saying this) but yeah I hated it and while TDKR was better it still wasn't that good

Latest posts

Back