Avengers New Hawkeye ongoing (Fraction/Aja)

You read #1, bro? Is good, bro.

Also, I wish my dog was a pizza dog.

Re: New Hawkeye ongoing (The new series by Fraction/Aja)

I gave it a go against my earlier wishes.

I have decided I still don't like it.

"Still"? You didn't like it before it even came out?

Have you guys been following this? I just read #9. It was a bit confusing at first b/c it jumped around a bit and I forgot what had happened since the last issue. But as always, it's really good. I think even if the story sucked it would be worth it just for Aja's art.

Have you guys been following this? I just read #9. It was a bit confusing at first b/c it jumped around a bit and I forgot what had happened since the last issue. But as always, it's really good. I think even if the story sucked it would be worth it just for Aja's art.

I love this book. I'm tradewaiting but for the deluxe hardcovers.

I need to re-read the first 8 issues but I didn't find anything confusing at all.

The first issue blew me away. It was the complete opposite of what i was expecting, and that is a good thing. It was a completely different take on super hero life.

Re: New Hawkeye ongoing (The new series by Fraction/Aja)

I gave it a go against my earlier wishes.

I have decided I still don't like it.

This just in.

I am now dedicating my life to insuring you never have friends ever again.

You brought this upon yourself.

I bought the first trade of this, it being one of two ongoings that I have been meaning to start all year (the other was SAGA).

I dunno, though. It feels kinda jumpy. Maybe I need to be more well-versed in Hawkeye than I am? When I was reading it, I felt like l was reading an ongoing but missing several issues. There just doesn't seem to be much cohesion.

And, hey, I'm fine with that. I can dig a good standalone issue or 5. But with these, it was like they were the payoff to two or three earlier issues, like the trade was a collection of the final issues from a few different story arcs. I dunno if this makes any sense, but I was more confused than anything else.

Hot DAMN, though, those covers.

Wait. Nevermind. What the hell was I talking about? This comic is incredible. Where was I when I was reading it!?

I blame the antibiotics.

Wait. Nevermind. What the hell was I talking about? This comic is incredible. Where was I when I was reading it!?

I blame the antibiotics.

The first couple of few read more like standalone issues but things seemed to come together as a linear story after too long.

My complaint - I think - wasn't necessarily that they were standalone, but that they felt like something out of the middle of a 2-3 issue arc. Doesn't matter, it was wrong.

This is my new favourite series. I'm not sure yet, but I might like it more than Saga. Just a bit.

This is my new favourite series. I'm not sure yet, but I might like it more than Saga. Just a bit.

Whoa whoa whoa - let's not get carried away.

My first thought: "What is this ****, I don't care about the villain's past - TELL ME MORE OF THE STORYYYY"

My second thought: "This is gonna read really weird in the trade."

My third thought: "No, Katie, Clint's your bro, you love spending time with him don't say that :(" (I'm rationalizing this as she just annoyed with how he blew off her attempts at comfort at the end of issue 9).

It was a good issue, it's just not at all what I was expecting, and now I have to wait a month for the arc to conclude grumble grumble.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back