Well, I've been getting this book since issue one, but after 13-14 I am not sure whether or not I want to continue. I feel as though these stories are very slow and add too much useless dialogue. I love all the characters on the team and I'd hate to drop my only DC, but waiting a whole month for this average book is getting to me. I think I'll read the whole Throne of Atlantis crossover to make my final decision. Anyone else have the same feelings?

Yes. It's a decent book but it does feel like there isn't really anything happening. And the Shazam backup does nothing for me.

I would've dropped it a long time ago if I had been paying for it.

I think I'm about done with this. I don't care about any of the characters they are looking at adding and it reminds me of Avengers West Coast - a b-team made up of nobodies. I don't want to read about nobodies.

Justice League of America is worse and the title doesn't make any sense. It's a team created to potentially take down the Justice League - call it something reflecting that.

And David Finch's art is as bad as it's ever been.

Agreed. I was hoping for some sort of JSA type themes with it, but nope, it's pretty much JL Backups.

Maybe Booster will actually bring back the old universe....

Yeah, Finch's art is atrocious, and JLA is just puzzling drek. I Don't have a problem with the title, honestly. I just don't think it's good.

JL has gone from terrible to average, but that doesn't make it worth picking up.

But JLD has actually gotten pretty decent!

Last edited:
I don't even think I finished the first arc of this.

Justice League Dark is great. If it weren't for Jeff Lemire and Scott Snyder I wouldn't be reading any DC comics right now.

I don't even think I finished the first arc of this.

Justice League Dark is great. If it weren't for Jeff Lemire and Scott Snyder I wouldn't be reading any DC comics right now.

All of Lemire's stuff is pretty great. Snyder I'm a little more on the fence about.

But there's also Azz's Wonder Woman, which is flawed but fun. The art in Flash and Batwoman are both gorgeous (and the writing on both is pretty decent too), though I haven't kept up. And China Mieville's Dial H is supposed to be awesome, but I haven't read it yet.

Batman Inc. is also a fine read, but that's wrapping soon.

Batman Inc. is really great. I'm surprised if you aren't reading it.

I didn't count that because it's ending soon.

Latest posts

Back