This Hobgoblin arc is really cool! I wish I could be excited about the direction the book is going instead of dreading the "Superior Spider-Man" revamp.

This Hobgoblin arc is really cool! I wish I could be excited about the direction the book is going instead of dreading the "Superior Spider-Man" revamp.

I'm surprisingly enjoying Superior Spider-Man. After #700 I was expecting a massive disappointment but I'm actually getting into this and can't wait for Parker's return. The violent spree that Otto is going on kinda reminds me of Parker in the Venom suit. I'm liking this so far.

Sent from my iPhone using ComicBoard

TnsFL5S.gif

Did anyone read the recent Amazing Spider-Man Annual? It was one of the worst annuals ever. EVER.

The two-page Aunt May cartoon was cute, but the other two stories were terrible. They just threw a bunch of crappy stories together so they could sell an annual.

Did anyone read the recent Amazing Spider-Man Annual? It was one of the worst annuals ever. EVER.

The two-page Aunt May cartoon was cute, but the other two stories were terrible. They just threw a bunch of crappy stories together so they could sell an annual.

I think most Annuals are like that more than not. The Guardians one was pointless and dumb.

I thought they were fine.

I thought they were fun, but ultimatly light filler. I'd have been happier if they were backups in a title than a stand alone book.

I was more unhappy with them putting out an annual when they've got a sweet event going on and its got nothing to do with it. That seems like a real waste.

I thought they were fun, but ultimatly light filler. I'd have been happier if they were backups in a title than a stand alone book.

I was more unhappy with them putting out an annual when they've got a sweet event going on and its got nothing to do with it. That seems like a real waste.

Waste isn't the right word. Cashgrab is. The stories themselves weren't TERRIBLE (I know, I said they were) as much as they were fluff that was thrown together to justify putting out an annual. And I bought it. sigh.

And I bought it. sigh.

And you paid more because it had a few more pages.

AND because you're Canadian!

And yeah, it didn't always used to be that way, at least not completely. The Peter/MJ wedding Annual was a great way to do an annual. On the other hand, one of my first comics that I had given to me was a Hulk annual from the mid-80s where he wanders around an alternate dimension and less than nothing happens.

And you paid more because it had a few more pages.

AND because you're Canadian!
Actually most places will give you US cover price because the dollar is so close.

And yeah, it didn't always used to be that way, at least not completely. The Peter/MJ wedding Annual was a great way to do an annual.

And the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual that summer was about them getting attacked by Puma on their honeymoon.

Well, I guess this series is over for now because of Secret Wars.

There are a bunch of dangling plot threads, so I guess it will pick up basically unchanged after SW concludes. I'm hoping when it does, Peter and MJ will be married again...

Spider-Verse was really good, since then it's been lacklustre again. I'm really looking forward to Renew Your Vows, but I don't know if I should be. Although, the Spiral story (in the .1 issues) has been pretty good.

Last edited:
One series there doesn't need to be a new thread for, haha. Slott Promises Global "Amazing Spider-Man," Reveals New Designs.

"Peter Parker has stepped up," Slott told MTV. "He's grown. He's become the Peter Parker we've always hoped he was going to be. This company, with Peter's inventions and Peter's gumption has gone to new heights." In the series, Parker Industries will expand beyond New York City and into Shanghai, San Francisco and London.

Along with Peter's business success, Slott hinted that his romantic life will also see some new developments. While the Slott-written "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" "Secret Wars" series depicts Peter Parker married to Mary Jane and the father of a young daughter, it looks like the new series will pick up with Spidey single once again.

"One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle," Slott said. "There's all these characters who are vying for Pete's attention."

Also, the Spider-Mobile is returning. Re-designed, but returning.

asm-spidey-673d2.jpg

Last edited:
"One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle,"

He really doesn't get Spider-Man at all does he? Unless he's talking about Black Cat? But why would you use "always" there? Because Gwen and MJ were never a triangle. Why is he even still writing this book? Is it really just to get the longest run? He's already admitted he's ran out of ideas. I just want to be able to look forward to a Peter Parker book again :(

One series there doesn't need to be a new thread for, haha. Slott Promises Global "Amazing Spider-Man," Reveals New Designs.

"Peter Parker has stepped up," Slott told MTV. "He's grown. He's become the Peter Parker we've always hoped he was going to be. This company, with Peter's inventions and Peter's gumption has gone to new heights." In the series, Parker Industries will expand beyond New York City and into Shanghai, San Francisco and London.

Along with Peter's business success, Slott hinted that his romantic life will also see some new developments. While the Slott-written "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" "Secret Wars" series depicts Peter Parker married to Mary Jane and the father of a young daughter, it looks like the new series will pick up with Spidey single once again.

"One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle," Slott said. "There's all these characters who are vying for Pete's attention."

Also, the Spider-Mobile is returning. Re-designed, but returning.

asm-spidey-673d2.jpg

sigh.

I don't mind the new design, although I'd rather have the original. I'm just stoked Dan Slott is staying on XD

It IS a glowing spider!

Latest posts

Back