Ultimate Comics X-Men (Spoilers)

Once you get pasted the death camps and Divided We Fall stuff, Brian Wood's X-men is really good. I loved the art in war with Tian and Jean. Great stuff.

Have been re reading the ultimate comics xmen, we have two whole volumes after the relaunch where sinister/apocalypse turns out to be a bad guy...stupid question but does this get resolved? I know the series has ended now but I can't remember if it does.

Nope. Brian Wood takes over, completely changes every characters personality to tell his story, and leaves Spencer's fantastic story in the dust.

Last edited:
Did it turn out to be Thors son or something? It was one of those divided we fall...bit 80 comics just to understand things?

What did Spencer write? I honestly can't remember.

Reverend Stryker attacks using Nimrods, a bunch of dead characters start popping up, there's an uprising at Camp Angel, Tian rises, and all the dead characters are revealed to be Apocalypse's horsemen

He had a fantastic but tragically cut short run.

Reverend Stryker attacks using Nimrods, a bunch of dead characters start popping up, there's an uprising at Camp Angel, Tian rises, and all the dead characters are revealed to be Apocalypse's horsemen

He had a fantastic but tragically cut short run.

Ah, that's right. It was decent, but I wouldn't say it's fantastic. I'm still a bigger fan of Vaughan's run. It wasn't spectacular, but I love BKV.

I'm reading Harbinger from Valiant, it craps all over Ult X-Men though. :)

And why does jean grey suddenly become a ***** and then in cataclysm is okay?

Like I said, Brian Wood changed a lot of the characters and nothing matched up to what came before it. I feel like they reset them back to how they were after Cataclysm. Kind of just have to roll with it.

Honestly I have read the comics but every now and again I just think....wait...what happened with that massive leading plot point! This is why people stopped reading!

How hard is it to go "jean grey, so she's a good guy right" "right." " and after we kill a lot of people in ultimatum she's still alive and good" "yup" "okay and now she's a villian, rules over an island and wants to start a war" "okay but were going to kill a bunch of people in cataclysm" " so jean grey she's a good guy" " hmmm I feel like one of these doesn't quite fit"

Also wtf was mother vine?! Why was their an evil psyloche!! ( gets on his knees and starts crying) I promise marvel I will keep buying! jUST EXPLAIN WTF IS HAPPENING

I just want a continuation on Nick Spencer's stuff. Despite some characters being completely out-of-character (*cough* *Jimmy* *cough*) it was golden.

I really liked the idea behind Tian. It's a shame that the (admittedly insane) worldbuilding by Hickman was so poorly expanded upon by future writers.

Latest posts

Back