Avengers The Mighty Thor (Fraction/Coipel) ongoing - Discussion

ultimatedjf

I picked up #1 of this at Boston Comic Con as they were giving them away for free. I got Mark Morales to sign it and then I read it tonight. I've never read an issue of THOR but this was fairly entertaining, so I'll continue to pick it up. Merge with the Fraction/Ferry thread if necessary, but I don't see the need to. Even though it's already confusing enough as it is with all the THOR titles out there, I thought this was a good jumping on point for new readers -- a #1 issue, albeit with a Previously... page -- so whatever the mods think.

Those Asgardians have had it rough lately.

I just read #10 and I'm not really enjoying this. It seems like it should be more interesting than it is, and it doesn't seem like that long ago that Thor (and everyone else) came back at the beginning of the JMS run.

I thought the story with Galactus was great but the current post-Fear Itself story with the replacement Thor isn't very interesting at all.

ProjectX2 said:
I thought the story with Galactus was great but the current post-Fear Itself story with the replacement Thor isn't very interesting at all.

I liked the Galactus story as well as the mini with Ego.

It feels like the point of Fear Itself was to kill Thor and Bucky and that's it. I like Matt Fraction but it was no different than any random Bendis event with random things happening like that. It's just a bunch of people fighting then random stuff just happens like its an editorial mandate that they have to cram in there even if it doesn't really fit with the story.

Also, Ulik replacing Thor should be a lot more interesting than it is.

I like the stuff with Donald Blake going to The Enchantress to become Thor again in issues 13 & 14.

Latest posts

Back