What would you do?

-beardoms-

Okay, so lately this board has got a little quiet lately. Maybe people are busy. Maybe people have moved to other boards. Or maybe the ultimate universe has just got a little bit boring.
Who knows?
I was just thinking that if it is because the ultimate universe has got boring and dull lately then what would you do if you were in charge of the ultimate universe titles? Who would you pick as writers? What stories would you tell? Artists? Series? Anything! Just want to see what everyone wants to see.

Mine:
I would two main series.
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics: Ultimates (Get rid of the new)

I would keep Bendis as he writer for Spiderman but get rid of Loeb for Ultimates. I would like someone like BKV or maybe even Joss Whedon if he could find the time. Too busy with avengers and buffy season eight though.

I like the idea of the avengers series but Millar is not doing a good job im telling you. Although its better than Loebs work. I mean the idea was that every story we would get new characters joining the team from the existing marvel universe. We haven't seen The Thing, Sue Storm, Perun etc who we seen on the front cover of issue one. Although the series isn't over yet.

I love mini-series and there seem to be a lot more now with the new universe with the thor and cpt america ones coming out. I would keep these series going with two running at each time. They could revolve around anything! Ultimate Ghost Rider, Ultimate Wasp, Ultimate Kang or even Ultimate Jane Foster! Anyone! Anything!

I would love to do a mini with a normal character such as mary jane or jane foster which features very little super heroics or a mini about a bad guy. Maybe a ultimate doctor doom mini which tells the story of doom fighting his way out of the zombie verse.

I would also do more storied about mutants being illegal now! Where is storm etc? Where are all these characters?

I think Ultimatum, although a terrible story, did give a lot of possibilities for the writers which they have failed to use!

Now, i know what everyone is thinking, but i want to see a crossover with 616. It needs to be done and would do so much more for the ultimate universe.

I sure as hell wouldn't bother trying to give a **** about the Ultimate Universe anymore thats for sure.

Let it die, don't drag it on way past its point of relevancy like they did with MC2

I would keep USM the way it is, except bring Bagley back and make it come out every single week in rotation with the other artists (and also get Bendis to kill Gwen, I loved her character in 616, but in the UU she's just annoying) :p
I would also pimp slap Bendis and get him to write Ultimate Doom with a tighter plot than Ultimate Mystery and Ultimate Enemy.
Then I'd murder Loeb and get JMS and Joe Kelly to write a new Ultimates on-going series, and I'd pay for Millar to go to school and learn how to write character dialogues that don't sound like one-liners every ****ing time.
I'd also get Matt Fraction to work with Warren Ellis on a new on-going Ultimate Iron Man series.
Crap, I'd also get Robert Kirkman to assume Ultimate X writing duties, and I'd have him revive Scott and Logan beucase I'm that stupid.

but my greatest accomplishment ruling the UU would be getting Kirkman to write Ultimate Walking Dead. Basically Walking Dead but on the Marvel Zombies universe :D

Last edited:
Bagley's left "Ultimate Spider-Man" about three years ago, but he still misses the title as much as he did when he first moved on. "It's like a missing limb. I feel it every day. I don't know if I'd ever return to it on an ongoing basis," the artist said. "However, if the circumstances were right and it was the right kind of story, I'd jump at the chance to come back.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29580

Ultimate Day - Have MJ turn in a goblin again. Then spider-man resets time with a wish to save her. Resetting time brings back a load of great villains done in a pretty crappy way, oh and rip off villains too!

That'd work right?

You can do it with one event. Ultimate Retcon, The story focuses on revealing that all the inconsistencies and retardedness was due to a existential ripples created from Loki's attack in U2. Before his defeat he lit the fuse to a Reality Bomb that's going to explode and wipe out life on Earth. It will all comes down to Dr. Strange performing a dangerous spell that will collapse the alterations of reality onto itself taking the timeline back to the end of Ultimates 2. A few key member of the UU will remember what happen and take step to avoid that future.

On the editorial side fire Loeb already and hire an editor to over see the UU that is not an idiot. Get the UU writers together to hammer out the direction and more important set laws to how things should be done, like keeping time travel consistent and how characters should be ultimized.

Last edited:
Despite it being so totally irrelevant at this point, I may feel compelled to outline what I would have done with Ultimatum. a main, seven issue series modeled on Strange Tales, each issue taking place on a different day in the week of Armageddon, with four miniseries of varying lengths but the same structure, providing finales for the four core Ultimate books.

You can do it with one event. Ultimate Retcon, The story focuses on revealing that all the inconsistencies and retardedness was due to a existential ripples created from Loki's attack in U2. Before his defeat he lit the fuse to a Reality Bomb that's going to explode and wipe out life on Earth. It will all comes down to Dr. Strange performing a dangerous spell that will collapse the alterations of reality onto itself taking the timeline back to the end of Ultimates 2. A few key member of the UU will remember what happen and take step to avoid that future.

On the editorial side fire Loeb already and hire an editor to over see the UU that is not an idiot. Get the UU writers together to hammer out the direction and more important set laws to how things should be done, like keeping time travel consistent and how characters should be ultimized.

I had a similar take on this, but instead it involved Kang.

Ultimate Kang is Tony Stark from the future, and his universe is destroyed by The Ultimates somehow. Stark goes back in time and changes and re-writes history and makes himself the 'twin' brothers of our Tony, calling himself Gregory Stark. The effects on the timeline have been shown throughout the run of the ultimate universe. Anyway, he comes to out present and helps Fury set up The Avengers and helps him climb to the top of SHIELD once again so he can officially close down the Ultimates. The effects of changing Tony and the ultimate universes' timeline can be seen with the inconsistencies of age and time in the ultimate universe.

Latest posts

Back