Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

It is Jean, per ultimate x. I felt this was the worst so far of the 3, just hopped around to much.

Sent from my iPad using ComicBoard

I read this. It was ok. Not great, or memorable beyond Pete dying. I did appreciate Spidey going through all he went through during the arc. The final battle against the Ultimate Six was fantastic, both humorous and deadly serious in equal measure. His sacrifice and his death were handled a bit poorly (it was more emotional when Ampersand the monkey died in the final issue of Y - The Last Man).

Truthfully, I think the best thing about the entire arc is Quesada's variant cover to #160, with Uncle Ben telling Peter "You did good, kid." as they walk off in the afterlife. I enjoyed that.

DIrishB said:
I read this. It was ok. Not great, or memorable beyond Pete dying. I did appreciate Spidey going through all he went through during the arc. The final battle against the Ultimate Six was fantastic, both humorous and deadly serious in equal measure. His sacrifice and his death were handled a bit poorly (it was more emotional when Ampersand the monkey died in the final issue of Y - The Last Man).

Truthfully, I think the best thing about the entire arc is Quesada's variant cover to #160, with Uncle Ben telling Peter "You did good, kid." as they walk off in the afterlife. I enjoyed that.

I concur. I also enjoyed the part where Uncle Ben and Peter walked towards the afterlife. That was one of the most heart warming moments through the whole of the Ultimate Spider-man/Ultimate comics Spider-man saga.

the watcher said:
Check out this fan made video of the Death Of Spider-Man.

http://www.arrivalpointproductions.com/

This was an amazing video. The only thing that upsets me Mr. watcher is that the motion comic misses a few key points from the original Death of Spider-man.
Sorry to burst your bubble One of the true believers.

hero020 said:
I concur. I also enjoyed the part where Uncle Ben and Peter walked towards the afterlife. That was one of the most heart warming moments through the whole of the Ultimate Spider-man/Ultimate comics Spider-man saga.

I agree. It was a touching moment.

It's easy to be cynical and say "I'm sure he'll be back," but given the history of "dead" characters in comics, it's not an unfair expectation.

I wonder how they would do it with Ultimate Peter Parker? This book doesn't have that kind of science, magic, or supernatural properties that are normally used to bring characters back, and we very clearly saw him dead so there's no way to convincingly say it was faked.

It's easy to be cynical and say "I'm sure he'll be back," but given the history of "dead" characters in comics, it's not an unfair expectation.

I wonder how they would do it with Ultimate Peter Parker? This book doesn't have that kind of science, magic, or supernatural properties that are normally used to bring characters back, and we very clearly saw him dead so there's no way to convincingly say it was faked.

Eh, I think this is one of those rare cases of the character actually staying dead. The popularity of Miles Morales as his replacement and how big an event it was would just cheapen his death to a ridiculous degree, were they to bring him back. It took balls to kill off Ultimate Peter Parker, and the Miles focus has been a worthwhile follow up.

Eh, I think this is one of those rare cases of the character actually staying dead. The popularity of Miles Morales as his replacement and how big an event it was would just cheapen his death to a ridiculous degree, were they to bring him back. It took balls to kill off Ultimate Peter Parker, and the Miles focus has been a worthwhile follow up.
I actually preferred petter Parker compared to Miles honestly how the freakin heck can you replace him but Miles was pretty awesome too.

You just say that because Peter was your boyfriend!
Well I'm saying that even though Miles was pretty cool too you just really can't replace the first Spidey that's is like when you go to see a sequel of your favourite movie and it ends up not as good as the old one. But you can't deny that it didn't say he didn't want to live up to peter Parker's legacy. Just my opinion.

I actually preferred petter Parker compared to Miles honestly how the freakin heck can you replace him but Miles was pretty awesome too.

Eh, I appreciated Marvel's actually killing off a major character and it having repercussions, and not resurrecting him after a few months.

Well I'm saying that even though Miles was pretty cool too you just really can't replace the first Spidey that's is like when you go to see a sequel of your favourite movie and it ends up not as good as the old one. But you can't deny that it didn't say he didn't want to live up to peter Parker's legacy. Just my opinion.

I'd say that's a fair description of Ultimate Wolverine Jr, but Miles is a strong character with a strong supporting cast of characters, and not just a lame facsimile of Peter.

Latest posts

Back