Avengers New Avengers by Bendis & Immonen [spoilers]

E

Excelsior Club
Just read the first issue - the art is so much better than the Bendis/JRJR Avengers book. I think I like the team better too (even though I don't think they've fully formed).

Long story short, Cap asks Luke if he wants to continue the Avengers and Luke is Apprehensive because he doesn't trust Stark...Starks sells them the refurbished Avengers Mansion for $1, which Iron Fist pays for (Luke didn't have a dollar on him)...Damian Hellstrom contacts Doc Strange because there is some weird stuff going on in the mystic realm but then reveals himself to either not be Hellstrom or as being possessed by something which then possesses Strange and goes after Brother Voodoo for the Eye of Aggametteramisimo. And then Luke Cage gets involved somehow. I wasn't really sure what happened there.

So now Luke Cage leads an Avengers team, is in charge of the Thunderbolts AND is the new Sorcerer Supreme. :lol:

I like how wolverine being everywhere at once has become a running gag in the marvel U. Cage, Deadpool and him should form a team. It would be mandatory to show them in at least one panel of every marvel comic published from now on.

Last edited:
Cage isn't the new Sorcerer Supreme, Voodoo sent the eye of Agamoto to him b/c he knew he couldn't protect it. But possessed Strange and Daimion followed it and possessed Luke too.

And Luke Cage may own the Avengers Mansion, but how in the world is he going to pay the property taxes?

I dunno, I liked the idea of Mockingbird being kind of a ruthless secret agent. Though the whole Phantom Rider thing caught me by surprise.

I've read a few of the Mockingbird stories that have been made since Secret Invasion, and I just can't care anything about her. She's boring.

Seriously though, I liked issue 7 a lot. Not really any action but the dialogue made up for it, but I'm not too big on Iron Fist's white costume though.

Seriously though, I liked issue 7 a lot. Not really any action but the dialogue made up for it, but I'm not too big on Iron Fist's white costume though.

I enjoyed it. I like the "home life" aspect and they are pulling it off without being too corny.

The explanation for Spider-Man not getting a paycheck and putting up with Victoria Hand were very well done.

detail.jpg

New Avengers (2010) #10
March 09, 2011
Price: $3.99
The Story:The New Avengers have uncovered one of the darkest, most well-kept secrets in the history of the Marvel Universe. A secret from Nick Fury's past that reveals the secret origins of the Avengers themselves. Plus, who invented the Infinity Formula and why was Nick Fury the only person to ever have taken it? Or was he?? Bendis reunites with superstar artist Mike Deodato Jr. (Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers) and they both welcome a guest appearance by comics legend Howard Chaykin. Plus: another illustrated chapter of the oral history of the Avengers!

*facepalm*

Latest posts

Back