Should Marvel continue Ultimates after Millar and Hitch finish?

Should Marvel continue Ultimates after Millar & Hitch finish?

• Yes, continue the book with different creative teams

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • No, stick with appearances in minis and other books

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
I have been known to chafe other people, but never myself.
'fraid not

he had this really weird tint to his skin colour...one minute it was green then it was grey...also he kept mumbling about how i wouldn't like him when he's angry...freak *shrugs*

I voted that we should continue the sieries but, it's going to be a tough act to follow...

Goodwill said:
What kinda artist could follow up someone like Hitch?
icemastertron said:
David Finch.

'Nuff said.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!! I can't stop laughing, Ice...

Anyway, I'm not sure how I should vote. I think the Ultimates should continue, I just don't think they should be the Ultimates. I think if Loeb and Mad do takeover they should rename the series and make it their own. You can't top Millar and Hitch at what they've been doing, so you can only do something different. I'd like to see the same characters and have them still be the big time UU super team but I think they should morph into something other than the Ultimates and re-title the series.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
That was a joke. An old one at that. But it made you laugh. :D
I laughed because I thought you were serious.

Thank god you weren't.

I say continue. Regardless of how great a run was.......you shouldn't just cancel a popular comic just because the creative force is leaving. You continue on and hope that the next crew does the series justice.

Cancelling because you think no one will come close to the genius of the original team is like saying they should've cancelled Spiderman because STan Lee and Romita wanted to work on something different and didn't want to do Spidey anymore.

As long as the written tone stays the same and not all "Chatty" like Bendis......and the art is done seriously and not cartoonish like Immonen (as much as I LOVE his work and how great he did the Ultimates in "Magnetic North"---it just ain't right for this series or the artist who did the annual) ........they should be good.

After reading what Loeb has in mind, and seeing what Mad has in mind I can't help but think the book should go on hiatus cause whoring out The Ultimates so you can make them into the Avengers just sucks.

They need to continue Ultimates.
And no, making the Ultimates just about political **** sucks. I want them making heroic things across the globe, Like the Annual #2 but with the whole gang. I love what Millar and Hitch are doing, but I want to see something different too.

Last edited:
Eh, but that's what Spiderman and Xmen are for. I don't this to be the same as Avengers where they're constantly battling the wrecking crew.

Should they continue: maybe/not. Will they: without question.

Even though i voted the book should keep going i feel that the new creative team will take the books edge away from it... in an interview with wizard Loeb said something (sorry for not having the exact quote) like he wants to make the Ultimates a superhero team. The Ultimates aren't superheroes, in my opinion they are political figures... Government dogs if you would. They do as the government tells them not like there Earth-616 counterparts who are all basically vigilantes who happen to be accepted by the public. And Millars area of expertise was the secrets kept through out the book.... he's had me on the edge of my seat with ever issue thus far and i just feel Loebs gonna do some lame Origin issues that Millar could simply tie into his great stories... i respect Loeb's writings but i still dont know who the F**k "Hush" is!!!

Oh and i only voted yes because i need Ultimate Cap in regular rotation in the Ultimate Universe.

Last edited:
Even though Ultimates is considered an ongoing and one of the 4 cornerstones of the Ultimate Universe, the seiries is currently not set to continue after Millar & Hitch finish Ultimates 2.

Many people consider the book a masterpiece that should be Millar & Hitch's baby; others want to see it continue with another creative team.

What do you think?

:sad:

I'd love to see an Ultimates 3, written by Jeph Loeb (a Genius) and illustrated by Joe Madureira (His art is the best).

I really want to see a psycho Hawkeye, they killed his family for heaven's sake. Also, I want to see more of that Valkarie chick, she has got to have powers somehow and I know Loeb would give us a great back story.

You know what else, I want to see Spider-Man and Venom, I think they would be so complex under Loeb.

Ohh ohhh, can we have all the heroes replaced by Ultron? He got such a bad rap in Ultimates 2. And throw in a twist, like making Black Panther someone like Captain America.

If Loeb can do all of that, he will sell out every issue. I vote yes on more Ultimates!!

I'd love to see an Ultimates 3, written by Jeph Loeb (a Genius) and illustrated by Joe Madureira (His art is the best).

I really want to see a psycho Hawkeye, they killed his family for heaven's sake. Also, I want to see more of that Valkarie chick, she has got to have powers somehow and I know Loeb would give us a great back story.

You know what else, I want to see Spider-Man and Venom, I think they would be so complex under Loeb.

Ohh ohhh, can we have all the heroes replaced by Ultron? He got such a bad rap in Ultimates 2. And throw in a twist, like making Black Panther someone like Captain America.

If Loeb can do all of that, he will sell out every issue. I vote yes on more Ultimates!!

I totally agree! I think also, that Millar was too subtle about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. We should totally have it stated that they're having sex and no one should have a problem with working with incestuous anti-human terrorists.

And if Millar and Hitch reveal Thor's origin (I hope he's just a regular-old Norse god with Weta Digital at his disposal), I think Loeb should just ignore any real-world ramifications of a God's true identity being revealed and he should just hit things with a hammer. Preferably while topless. And having sex with Valkyrie.

The only thing missing is the series to lead into a crossover, but I'm sure there's a way to get that to work.

This is depressing.

I love how enthusiastic and optimistic we were. We actually expected Marvel to put a good creative team on it. :(

I was a bizarre idiot back then. Why did you guys let me get away with it?

Then again, I guess most of you were pretty strange too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back