Avengers Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis (2010)

It's written like a sitcom. All the characters say one-liners and compete with each other to be the funniest.

I don't think that should be what the Avengers should be about. If Bendis wanted to make a sit com version of a super hero comic, Bendis should create some new characters for that, not try and change the Avengers into that.

I never said that is what the Avengers should be like but that is basically - in between the numerous events - what it has become.

It's written like a sitcom. All the characters say one-liners and compete with each other to be the funniest.

You're right. I never looked at it that way.

The documentary style thing he was trying to do (which was pretty terrible) for a while there just compounds that theory.

Avengers Annual #1 by Bendis & Dell'Otto
(I wish they had the right number on this)

Wonder Man takes his ragtag team of nobodies and goes public with the bad things the Avengers have done recently. They take away WM's ionic essence or whatever it is so he's basically powerless and the lock him up. He begs Beast to see what he's trying to do, and suggests that since Wanda brought him back from the dead he might not even be real. After everyone leaves, he literally disappears.

The whole Wonder Man-as-a-turncoat thing seemed flimsy up until the end. Dell'Otto's art and page structure is amazing - I think this is the first of his art I've seen that wasn't painted and it still looked great.

This book is terrible. All of this garbage with Norman Osborn...it's just bad.

It's just a bunch of stuff happening. There is no flow and no direction, and it feels like I've read this story 50 times over the last 5 years or so (Osborn breaks out of custody, acquires followers, challenges authority, etc. etc. etc.). The team is a mess and there is no structure to it at all. Nothing memorable or interesting is happening and it just plain sucks. Ugh.

IMG_00211-500x529.jpg

hahahahahahahahaha

#24.1 was about Vision coming back, confronting She-Hulk and Magneto, and finding out what happened.

Markedly better than the regular series. Bendis seems to do these types of issues pretty well. The issue of New Avengers where Hawkeye visits Scarlet Witch on Wundagore Mountain is another example of this...Avengers 24.1 wasn't that good but it was decent and better than the rest of the series so far.

The original Vision is back since Tony rebuilt him, or so I was told. And as for young Vision:

Iron Lad destroyed him in the YA: Children's Crusade mini.

Last edited:
That's a good question though - I had forgotten he was in Young Avengers. Where did he come from before Iron Lad destroyed him? It was the original, wasn't it?

#27 - Noh-Varr betrays the Avengers, then betrays the Kree.

Is the Supreme Intelligence supposed to be dead? It just came back in Fantastic Four, like, a year or two ago.

I know that he was killed in one of the cosmic Storylines. I had no idea he came back though.

Considering it's just a living computer, he shouldn't be too hard to come back, unless you got the blue screen of death that is.

I know that he was killed in one of the cosmic Storylines. I had no idea he came back though.

I'm trying to remember the exact circumstances, but Ronan the Accuser brought him back using a Supremor seed a while back.

Latest posts

Back