Avengers Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis (2010)

Iceshadow

So the first arc's villains might be the Next Avengers. HA!

The issue itself is ok, it's mostly set-up. The art alternated between good, and ugly (a.k.a. any close-ups of women's faces).

Re: Avengers (Bendis/JRJR)

I enjoyed it but I agree, there wasn't much to it. It's good to see Kang again and I hope he's going to be manipulating the Avengers against their kids to his own advantage.

It seems like Bendis is trying to replicate that classic Avengers feel but he's not quite pulling it off and I think that might also be partly JRJR's fault. I just don't think he's that good compared to most of the other artists at Marvel.

The cliffhanger was the most interesting part. I want to see what's going to happen next.

Not bad other than the stupid Bendis writing tics.

Since when is Maria Hill in good graces with Steve Rogers? Last I saw she tried to get SHIELD agents to pump him full of tranquilizers.

So what's going to be different between the Avengers and New Avengers of The Heroic Age? I understand the Secret Avengers and Avengers Academy. Who knows!!

Essentially, the Avengers will focus on the high power threats (like Kang) and the New Avengers will focus on street level threats like the kingpin, the hood, or in the Bendis Era, the wrecking crew.

#2 has Tony Stark using his incredibly wealth which he doesn't have in his own book to get Marvel Boy to build him a time machine viewing device thing while the rest of the Avengers sit around eating pizza (and Wolverine plays with Spider-Woman's hair). Tony offers to buy Marvel Boy a pony in exchange for Kree technology and Wonder Man becomes the new Sentry.

I can't help but think... they should just not have kids and this problem is solved.

Bendis should not be writing classic Avengers. This is terrible.

Last edited:

The issue has like, 5 different sentences. That's it, with 4 of them repeating themselves a jillion times.

The only good thing I liked was the nod to AoA with Wolverine/Magneto being shown. Also, wonder where Apoc. and his horsemen come from in the end. Are they from the future kids world? Anti-Venom being a horsemen, and Wolverine again (in his tan outfit- been a while since that one was shown) was not bad.

#2 has Tony Stark using his incredibly wealth which he doesn't have in his own book to get Marvel Boy to build him a time machine viewing device thing while the rest of the Avengers sit around eating pizza (and Wolverine plays with Spider-Woman's hair). Tony offers to buy Marvel Boy a pony in exchange for Kree technology and Wonder Man becomes the new Sentry.

I can't help but think... they should just not have kids and this problem is solved.

Bendis should not be writing classic Avengers. This is terrible.

Yeah, agreed, this was horrible. Ugh, why, Bendis?

Guardians of the Galaxy also has a talking raccoon.

A talking raccoon who is a brilliant military strategist. Don't shortchange him.

I know some regular racoons who seem to be pretty decent strategists in their own right.

I don't see them for the whole week, then on trash day they appear out of the mist and shock and awe my trash can.

A talking raccoon?

It's a raccoon that talks!

So it talks, huh?

That's why it's a talking raccoon.

A talking raccoon.... that's interesting.

Yes, very interesting that talking raccoon is.

But can the talking raccoon also sing?

If the raccoon can talk, it can sing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back