Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v 5.0)

Do you think that Ultimate Enemy/Mystery/Doom takes place after the current stuff in USM, or is it just there until the rest of it comes out?

Do you think that Ultimate Enemy/Mystery/Doom takes place after the current stuff in USM, or is it just there until the rest of it comes out?

As it stands now I'm thinking the Enemy/Mystery/Doom trilogy occurs at least after the current arc in USM. Mainly because of the fact that Peter's and everyone's house is destroyed in Enemy, and so far in USM there's been no mention of them moving, etc. Also, Bobby and Johnny's hair being back to normal coloring in Mystery after dying it in USM.

So, yeah, I'm assuming (for now) the trilogy occurs after the current arcs of USM.

Updated the timeline to include all of August's Ultimate releases. USM #13 I'm still waiting on, so I'll update that in the next couple days.

Also, added Ultimate Spider-Man - Total Mayhem to the timeline. The iPhone/iPod game works within existing USM continuity (anytime between the Ultimate Six arc and Death of a Goblin arcs in USM).

Also, added Ultimate Spider-Man - Total Mayhem to the timeline. The iPhone/iPod game works within existing USM continuity (anytime between the Ultimate Six arc and Death of a Goblin arcs in USM).

I don't understand how you get all of this in a working continuity. It's mind-boggling to me. Keep up the awesome work though!

Last edited:
Well, good luck with Ultimate Thor. I do have a suggestion though. One portion of the issue is labeled "Eons ago." An eon can mean any great length of time, though it generally refers to a period of one billion years. So "Eons Ago" would be at least two billion years ago.

I was doing a reading of bits and pieces of the timeline and found what seems like a little error. In Ultimate Spider-Man #6, the order is listed as: (pg. 1-5, 13-15, 6-12, 16-22). Chronologically, it seems closer to this: 1-10, 13, 14, 11, 15, 12, 16-22. Alternatively, it could be listed as: 1-10, 13-15, 11, 12, 16-22 (less accurate but broken into only four sections like your listing).

Either way, I see no reason for 6-10 to take place after 13-15. Is there a reason for this?

Will Spider-man Shattered Dimensions be added to this timeline since it partially takes place in the Ultimate Universe

Well, good luck with Ultimate Thor. I do have a suggestion though. One portion of the issue is labeled "Eons ago." An eon can mean any great length of time, though it generally refers to a period of one billion years. So "Eons Ago" would be at least two billion years ago.

Good point. I might just list it as "Eons Ago", since no specific timeframe is made.

Speaking of which, I need to get caught up on my Ultimate issues. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

I was doing a reading of bits and pieces of the timeline and found what seems like a little error. In Ultimate Spider-Man #6, the order is listed as: (pg. 1-5, 13-15, 6-12, 16-22). Chronologically, it seems closer to this: 1-10, 13, 14, 11, 15, 12, 16-22. Alternatively, it could be listed as: 1-10, 13-15, 11, 12, 16-22 (less accurate but broken into only four sections like your listing).

Either way, I see no reason for 6-10 to take place after 13-15. Is there a reason for this?

I'd honestly have to re-read the issue. It could be a screw up on my part.

Is that the issue where the Goblin attacks Peter's school? Like I said, I'll re-read the issue and let you know.

Will Spider-man Shattered Dimensions be added to this timeline since it partially takes place in the Ultimate Universe

Yup. Already done, in fact (though I still have to list the individual levels). I'm going to list ALL the levels, since the events happening in the Ult verse depend on what is happening in the other universes, but the non-Ult levels will be italicized like anything else which takes place in an alternate universe to the Ultimate verse.

Checked on this last night. You're right. I'm not sure why I placed it that way other than I screwed up somewhere. Anyway, fixed it to reflect your suggestion.

Thanks!!

And if you find any others, let me know!

Updated the timeline to reflect the events of Spider-Man - Shattered Dimensions, as well as the correction by thekendon. In the next few weeks I'll be ordering all the Ultimate issues from the past month and a half and get the timeline updated.

Well its been almost two months since I updated the timeline, do I did a bit of that today. Updated for the first two Ultimate Thor issues, the past few issues of USM and Ultimate Avengers. I just ordered a bunch of the Ultimate issues I'm missing from the past few months, so I'll have the timeline completely up to date within the next few weeks.

Another long overdue catch up session for the Timeline. Updated for most of the Ultimate books released since October. Let me know if I missed anything. By the way, is Ultimate Avengers 4 still happening, or has that been replaced by Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates?

I think strongly that Ultimate Avengers 4 = Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates.
It's a 6 issues as the others UA.

About Ultimate Thor, I think "Eons ago" means some "Centuries/Decades ago" as Asgard & Valhalla's time is multiplicated (months on Earth = centuries on Asgard/Valhalla).

About Ultimates 2 and Ultimate Avengers 3, there are 2 years between them: it's stated in UA3 #5.

Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
I think strongly that Ultimate Avengers 4 = Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates.
It's a 6 issues as the others UA.

I'm thinking the same thing, but at the same time, its entirely possible Ultimate Avengers 4 is still happening after UA vs NU. After all, Millar had all 4 arcs of UA planned ahead of time, and it doesn't seem like the hanging plot-lines from UA 1-3 will be tied up in UA vs. NU (which honestly seems to be a simple vs. book with inklings of the Death of Ultimate Spider-Man--which I'm sure is connected through Spidey training with the Ultimates now).

Until we've heard something more concrete, I'm leaving Ultimate Avengers 4 in the timeline. At least until its certain Ultimate Avengers 4 isn't happening.

[quoet]About Ultimate Thor, I think "Eons ago" means some "Centuries/Decades ago" as Asgard & Valhalla's time is multiplicated (months on Earth = centuries on Asgard/Valhalla).[/quote]

Thats a huge assumption. I'm just going to stick with what spelled out plainly in the books themselves and leave it as Eons Ago and Ages Ago. I just assume the "Eons Ago" reference happened a long while before "Ages Ago", hence the two different entries.

About Ultimates 2 and Ultimate Avengers 3, there are 2 years between them: it's stated in UA3 #5.

I know. But at the same time, concurrent events happening in USM (around the time of Ultimates 2) place those events as happening around the same time as USM #90-94, UXM #67-75, and Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine. And unfortunately, 2 years have definitly not passed in the USM book. So, to kind of fix this little continuity issue, I look at it as not quite being two years passing, but maybe a year and a half, or a year and 8 months, etc. The explanation being that Ultimates 2 happened early on in Year 1, and Ultimate Avengers happens towards the end of Year 2. While its only a year and a half or whatever, the assumption is rounding it up a bit would equal 2 years.

I've had to use a lot of inventive little tricks like that to keep this timeline working in even the most rudimentary sense.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks.

Updated for Ultimate Captain America #1.

Also, got rid of the "Ultimate Comics" tags for all the names. It seems Marvel has finally realized how unnecessary and retarded that was, as now not only do the covers lack the "Ultimate Comics" (instead going with the simpler "Ultimate Spider-Man" or "Ultimate Avengers"), but so do the title listings in the books themselves (this is found usually on the last page of the issue where the previews for upcoming or recently released Ultimate comics are...its at the very bottom, showing the volume and issue number, etc). The solicits still use the Ultimate Comics tag and the TPBs and HCs still use it, but I think its something Marvel is slowly phasing out (I hope so, anyway).

I've just checked the Millar World forum and UA4 = UA vs NU
The moderators have closed the UA4 topic when Mark Millar has opened a new one with the official title (UA vs. NU).

Nothing related with UA, but Millar has stated many times (always on his forum) that Ultimate Iron Man I & II, by Orson Randall, are invented stories of the origins of Iron Man made for a TV show:
http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/96212-updated-ultimate-avengers-4

So, maybe you need to put Ultimate Iron Man in italic, as it's not a real story.

Nothing related with UA, but Millar has stated many times (always on his forum) that Ultimate Iron Man I & II, by Orson Randall, are invented stories of the origins of Iron Man made for a TV show:
http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/96212-updated-ultimate-avengers-4

So, maybe you need to put Ultimate Iron Man in italic, as it's not a real story.

Remember back when we all cared about the UU and would pray UIM would turn out to be something like that? So long ago...

Latest posts

Back