Avengers Secret Avengers general discussion

Re: Secret Avengers (Brubaker/Deodato)

Really enjoyed it and, as always, I loved Deodato's work.

The lineup had me scratching my head at first but everyone seemed like they were being used perfectly. I like the idea of a team like this handling several different types of missions at once and having the right personnel to do so. Not like New Avengers where Bendis just crams all the popular characters on a team and doesn't write to their strengths and personalities.

and then ELLIS SWOOPS IN AND SAVES THIS BOOK FROM OBLIVION

hot damn I enjoyed the hell out of his debut issue

I've missed Ellis since his T-Bolts run wrapped, and this just screamed "serious succesor to nextwave"

5/5

#16 was great - it's Ellis basically taking the Global Frequency format of stand-alone issues drawn by different artists and featuring a rotating cast of characters and applying it to the Marvel Universe. I can't wait for the next five issues.

I thought Brubaker's run was decent, I didn't even bother with Spencer's arc but Ellis... this feels like one of those comics created just for Ellis to write. Good stuff.

#16 was great - it's Ellis basically taking the Global Frequency format of stand-alone issues drawn by different artists and featuring a rotating cast of characters and applying it to the Marvel Universe. I can't wait for the next five issues.

I thought Brubaker's run was decent, I didn't even bother with Spencer's arc but Ellis... this feels like one of those comics created just for Ellis to write. Good stuff.

Who are the artists on each issue? Or is it still Deodato on them?

Yeah I liked this. I like the single issue format. Beast is very entertaining.

Hot damn #18 was fantastic

Aja remains one of the best artists ever, born to draw Shang Chi (as an aside I'm really digging the the red and black trimmed jump-suit as a new look for Shang, much better than him arbitrarily wearing one of the shadow councils shirts)

and as usual Ellis rocked this, I loved his definition of Trans-Matter

Just read #20 with Black Widow and all the time traveling.

This is, hands down, Marvel's best book right now. I wish they published more books like this.

Much like Daredevil #7, I would have loved this comic if the last page had made any sense to me.

I don't like Marvel's new 20-page comics as they now end more abruptly than ever.

Just finished #21 and even though it wasn't quite as strong as the other Ellis issues it was still great. What a fantastic little run this was. Can't wait for the hardcover collection.

Ellis`s run was so awesome. I`m kinda worried about Remender`s upcoming run, seems like he`s turning it into the Exiles-Avengers almost. Hate to see the espionage first angle go away...

Shame that Ellis COMPLETELY ignored Ant-Man in his run. I thought he`d have a great handle on the character. Same with Prince of Orphans really...

Also it`s a shame to see Moon Knight and War Machine, and co. taken off the team, I really loved the current team and their dynamic. But Remender is like King Midas to me, everything he touches turns to gold so his run should be great.

Everyone at Marvel is trying to convince Warren Ellis to write an Ant-Man ongoing.

I would be all over that like Liefeld on a ****ty comic book series

Only thing I'd ask for is a return to O'Grady's original look....assuming it would still be O'Grady

ProjectX2 said:
Everyone at Marvel is trying to convince Warren Ellis to write an Ant-Man ongoing.

How could he possibly improve on this?

Latest posts

Back