Dream Editor Round Two: The Avengers

And the winner is ZombiPanda with 3 of 6 votes!

So what are we doing next?

Kick. Ass.

There were still details I hadn't had a chance to fill out!

New round tomorrow, once I'm nice and sober. Feel free to make any suggestions.

Yep, moderaters entry.

the Dark Reign is over. The Siege has ended. Norman osborn has been removed from command of HAMMER and locked away. For the moment. But his effects are still felt. Leaving a madman in power for so long has ingrained his supporters into positions of power. The World loves The Avengers for defending the gods against attack. America hates them for dethroning their hero. The Avengers franchise is going to be taken over by one of my favorite writing teams working for Marvel, and while I know it'll up their workload quite a bit I think it'd be worth it. Plus with them running most of the solo series tied in it'll make for smoother transitions for characters.

The Avengers - Earths Mightiest Heroes by Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction with a rotating art crew depending on the stories.

The prestige book of the line, this would ship twice monthly on the first and third Wednesday of each month. most of what would be considered a Minor Event would instead be folded into the pages of TA:EMH. Doomwar for example would have made a perfect arc for the book as it would focus on major superheroics on a worldwide scale, not just what going on in New York. It would feature the following team.

Captain America - Steve Rogers is back and leading The Avengers once again. He puts a good face on the team for America and keeps everyone in line. Even the ore opinionated members featured below.
Thor - He's the god of Thunder. The son of Odin. And someone you do not want swinging his Uru hammer at you.
Iron Man - Tony Stark is sober, in control, and ready to prove that he's not a total asshat, even if he was right about the whole registration thing. he's not bitter. No.
The Black Panther - T'Challa (I have no idea whats happened to The Black Panther since Hudlin took over but to me theres only one. T'Challa.)
Namor The Sub-Mariner - The rest of the team might no like him but damn if he isn't effective. Namor joins the Avengers primarily to keep an eye on them, not trusting such a large collection of powerful individuals. Plus Brubakers Namor is fantastic.
She Hulk - Who do you call when The Hulk is a little more rampaging monster than you want? His cousin of course! The fact that she can get you out of a Latverian Prison isn't anything to scoff at either.
Magneto - With the creation of Nation X (Or Asteroid M. Or Genosha) The mutants have come into their own as a political power. Magneto, mellowing a bit on his old age has joined the Avengers to keep the planet safe for Mutant kind, as long as Mankind keeps off his doorstep
Ms. Marvel - Carol Danvers stays on after Dark Reign wanting to really do some good in the world, and when her White hole power source suddenly comes back online she's got the strength to do it. But where did it come from?

The Invaders by Ed Brubaker and David Aja

The Invaders have one purpose: ferret out and expose the plants of Osborns to prevent anything he had set up from coming to fruition. The series will ship on the second Wednesday of each month. Its a much more Street Level team, and would actually run point for The Avengers on some arcs, being used for lintel and to infiltrate organizations that threaten the world. The first arc would deal with an attempt to break Osborn out, with the second arc being The Invaders Vrs Daredevil and The Hand. This arc would ship simultaneously with Daredevil for its run and instead of showing part of the story in one issue and then continuing it in the next would have both sides moving at the same time frame. some issues would show the same sets of events in different lights while others would have the repercussions of each on its respective sides. The team would be made up of

Iron Fist - returning from his travels to find both whats happened while he was gone and the Rand Industries has been compliant, going as far as to supply HAMMER with a good deal of its equipment (Helicarriers aren't cheap) Danny Rand decides to both take the reigns back over his company and undo the damage he allowed it to assist with while he was away. if New Avengers was a Luke Cage book with other heroes than this is a Iron fist book with teammates.
The Winter Soldier - Bucky Barnes - Yes, bucky is going back to his Winter Soldier ID. After the reformation of The Avengers as a single team Iron Fist asks Steve Rodgers for help in gathering his operatives. Steve asks Bucky to help him as he's more familiar with who's active now. Its Bucky who suggests The Invaders for a team name.
The Vision - freed from The Young Avengers limbo (I think. Like I said, not too up on non-Daredevil marvel anymore) The Vision is looking for his missing wife. He is hoping that in the mass of data they will be combing through in hunting Obsorns corruption out they'll find clues to her whereabouts. Its a shame hawkeye isn't talking...
Black Widow - Natasha Romanov can get you where you need to go. After going underground during Dark Reign she wants to stretch her legs a bit before going back to work for Fury, and putting the squeeze on the people that drove her underground sounds like fun too.
Elektra - joins in the second arc, hoping to save Matt Murdock from The Hand. With less than stellar results.

The Thunderbolts - by Matt Fraction and Doug Manke

One word will describe this Book. Kicksplode. It'll be like The Suicide Squad on Crystal Meth. Nick Fury has rounded up most of The Dark Avengers and is going to put them to good use. Cooperate on missions that are too dirty for The Avengers to find out about and they'll let you live. They might even let you out with neutralized powers. Someday. Baron Zemo is back in charge of the field team and he's looking for some new recruits. Thunderbolts would ship on the 4th Wednesday of each month.

Venom - fresh out of Dark Avengers, its Dark Spiderman! Now with 100% more chance of getting his head exploded in the field!
Bullseye - One Shot. One Kill. One Sociopath. Everyone loves Bullseye. Especially when he disable his explosive. But hey, maybe he'll stick around for a while. After all, he hasn't gotten to try and kill Zemo before. And they're sending him to all sorts of interesting places to kill hard to drop targets. Just don't let him get bored.
The Beetle - Abner Jenkins - Every team neets a tech head and Abner is our man! Gotta disable security, gotta disarm the bomb, gotta fix bullseyes gun. What Abner wouldn't give for a Clock radio, three paper clips and a watch crystal. What? He's smuggled all that into his cell. Sounds like trouble...
Daken - Brighter than his father, Daken is content to let them send him to no win situations confidant they they'll fail at killing him. And its only a matter of time before he finds a way out...

That would make us the main team, with characters rotating in and out depending on whats happened in TA:EMH and The Invaders.

The books would come out VERY tightly scheduled as characters would shift from one to the other and plotlines would be set in one, resolved in another and the aftereffects felt in the third, much like the Marvel universe of old where one plot thread would run through 4 or 5 books, but if you weren't reading this books it wasn't the end of the world for you. i feel the two writers above have the best odds of pulling this off.

And remember, this is a non-voteable entry.

You're so mother****ing RIGHT.

Latest posts

Back