Favourite Bat Family Incarnations?

Who are your favourite incarnations?

• Total voters
Bruce will always be the first and best Batman.

But should Dick continue to stay Batman...he will be the greatest.

This is my favorite Batman incarnation:
RainbowBatman1.jpg

But since that's not available, I voted for Bruce, Tim, and Babs.

I do love the current versions of Batman and Robin. I think Dick is identifiable in a way that Bruce never was because we can see his story from the start, whereas Bruce came out the cannon fully formed and all attempts at going back to early in his career were after the fact, but Dick just can't compete. As an icon, Bruce Wayne is probably the most compelling mainstream comic book character around. Still, I'm more interested in seeing Dick and Damian behind the masks because they're interesting characters with a compelling dynamic. They're just so fresh that they don't have all those decades of development Bruce does.

I always felt like Dick as Robin was a pretty vanilla character. I really like Tim because he came across, genuinely, as a proper heir to Bruce. He has the same sort of instincts and intuitive intelligence. What interests me about him as how he's developed as sort of "What would happen to Bruce Wayne if a Batman had been around at the time of his parents' death".

And Babs is jut tops. I just love her character concept. Cheery, clever daughter of the police commissioner who tries to be a brighter, heroic Batman, in the gap of time when Batman was a little darker, a little more ambiguous. That said, her post-Batgirl stuff has just been absolutely stellar.

Last edited:
I voted for Dick, Tim, and Cassandra.

I'm enjoying Dick as Batman immensely, and I like that his resolve is just as good as Bruce's but he doesn't let his past sour his relationships with others. Plus, it's nice that he doesn't have contingency plans for everything.

I prefer Tim for all of the previously mentioned reasons, but mostly because he took an identity as ridiculous as Robin and turned it into something cool.

Lastly I like Cassandra mostly because I gots me a soft spot for characters that fight their fate and try to redeem themselves.

Bruce, Tim, and Cassandra. Though I haven't read any of the most recent, so maybe I shouldn't have voted due to bias.

At first I was dissapointed Alfred wasn't here, but then I realized that's because Alfred is always in the Bat-Family. He's the cornerstone, they couldn't replace him if they tried.

Bruce, Tim, and Cassandra. Though I haven't read any of the most recent, so maybe I shouldn't have voted due to bias.

At first I was dissapointed Alfred wasn't here, but then I realized that's because Alfred is always in the Bat-Family. He's the cornerstone, they couldn't replace him if they tried.

Alfred is awesome. He should have been the new Batman.

WHY........would anyone vote for Jason Todd ?

I voted for Jason Todd as Robin, because I believe there is plenty of unexplored potential in that character's origin and career as Batman's sidekick.

There really isn't any worthwhile stories of Jason as Robin, other than 'A Death in the Family' and the idea of a troubled, angry young man becoming Batman's partner, before descending into darkness and ultimately death is a great story waiting to be told.

That's why.

Latest posts

Back