Dreamteaming Round 14: For the Demon's Head

Yup. I figured if we were trying it in Dreamcasting we should try it here.
I'd also be happier with a broader expansion of the game that allows for more flexibility. "Design a new cosmic book for the DCU", or "a year-long monthly for Marvel" or "revive a Kirby concept".
Like you're reading my mind, man. The example I was going to give was "make a mutant series" or "create a magically themed team". There's no reason to limit creativity to reimagining existing titles.

Although I will say that if we go in this direction then I'd be against instituting a pool. The pool would be good for organizing existing concepts, but if we're doing new ones we should leave the concept entirely up to the winner.
Or even broaden it to encompass a line of books. "Reinvigorate the Batman/Avengers/Justice League/Superman/what-have-you editorial line". Dreameditor?
Damn. Now that's interesting.

Maybe we could set up Dreameditor as a separate game. Setting up a pitch for a whole line would be fun as hell.

Yup. I figured if we were trying it in Dreamcasting we should try it here.

Yes.

McCheese said:
Like you're reading my mind, man. The example I was going to give was "make a mutant series" or "create a magically themed team". There's no reason to limit creativity to reimagining existing titles.

Exactly

McCheese said:
Although I will say that if we go in this direction then I'd be against instituting a pool. The pool would be good for organizing existing concepts, but if we're doing new ones we should leave the concept entirely up to the winner.

Agree. 100%

McCheese said:
Maybe we could set up Dreameditor as a separate game. Setting up a pitch for a whole line would be fun as hell.

I was going to do a total breakdown for what I'd do with DC across the board in 2010, but I'm lazy. If we're going to do separate games, we should do one or the other or alternate or somehow merge them. I'm not sure we can sustain two separate games of this breed.

Quite.
Indeed.
Agree. 100%
Indubitably.

We are very smart.
I was going to do a total breakdown for what I'd do with DC across the board in 2010, but I'm lazy. If we're going to do separate games, we should do one or the other or alternate or somehow merge them. I'm not sure we can sustain two separate games of this breed.
Well, since this game is essentially dead we could move to Dreameditor for now and then come back to a revitalized Dreamteam when/if that gets stale.

This would allow for more creativity on our parts. Dreamcastings getting a revamp so it would make since for this to get one also.

Hm. It's down to Batman or the Avengers. I figured I'd start with Batman because it would be easier to start with a non-team editorial line; but at the same time, Siege is right on the horizon. Any preferences one way or the other?

Last edited:
would anyone mind if I set up a new round of this, I know Dream-editor is meant to replace it, but it seems to fill an entirely different niche, this game was always more about the characters, while dream-editor seems to be more about creative teams.

I think as an attempt at looseing the rules, the team chosen will serve as the inspiration for the new team, so the property could be X-Men, but you'd be free to do what you want with it, make an X-Force team, X-Factor, Excalibur, Starjammers, New Mutants, etc. but it still has to be a team, and you'd still only be allowed to make one. Ignoring the creative team part thats been in this so far and replace it with a BRIEF summary/abstract of the first year of the book

Latest posts

Back