The All About Sports Thread: Even Sportier.

I didn't watch the game - Are people buying tickets now that it's the playoffs?

The game was in Texas.

But people from Toronto have been buying tickets all season, which is unfortunate because they jacked up the ticket prices. I used to be able to get two nosebleed tickets for $40. Now they're $75

Last edited:
First one to explain to me what the Super Bowl had to do with racism and white supremacy could win a signed copy of Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut on DVD

First one to explain to me what the Super Bowl had to do with racism and white supremacy could win a signed copy of Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut on DVD

If you're talking about this particular Super Bowl...The Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady endorsed Donald Trump before the election and made a few comments before his wife told him to shut up about it. Trump is also good friends with the Patriots head coach and the team owner.

If you're talking about this particular Super Bowl...The Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady endorsed Donald Trump before the election and made a few comments before his wife told him to shut up about it. Trump is also good friends with the Patriots head coach and the team owner.

That's not enough for the reaction it got.

2T01Y2w.png

They created their own narrative and then took it out on the "bad guys" in their own narrative. They made their own bed and are complaining that the blankets aren't blue instead of black.

They created their own narrative and then took it out on the "bad guys" in their own narrative. They made their own bed and are complaining that the blankets aren't blue instead of black.
Wait, is your point that people are making up reasons to complain about rascism?

I didn't see that response coming.

Wait, is your point that people are making up reasons to complain about rascism?

I didn't see that response coming.

In this particular case? Yes. They turned a football game where the teams on both sides are diverse and it was turned into "the Falcons represent minorities and them winning is a score for minorities every. What? They lost!? Ugh, yet another win for white people!". They did this to themselves. Heck, a black guy made the game winning touchdown. Although, it was James White so maybe they got confused.

Don't get me wrong, racism is a serious problem. Making stuff like this though is only trivializing the issue and making people apathetic to it.

Last edited:
In this particular case? Yes. They turned a football game where the teams on both sides are diverse and it was turned into "the Falcons represent minorities and them winning is a score for minorities every. What? They lost!? Ugh, yet another win for white people!". They did this to themselves. Heck, a black guy made the game winning touchdown. Although, it was James White so maybe they got confused.

Don't get me wrong, racism is a serious problem. Making stuff like this though is only trivializing the issue and making people apathetic to it.

Right, I get it and I'm with you. I just wasn't expecting this to be your answer. I hadn't heard that people had reacted that way.

Maybe not, but that is where it originated. Consider also the racial makeup of Boston vs. Atlanta.

Latest posts

Back