Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I am surprised no one is talking about this.

I especially liked this line: "People who've read the (top secret) scripts are surprised how different they are from my other work in the Ultimate Universe, harking back to things like 'Superman For All Seasons.' My hope is readers enjoy it as much as I've been." Is he aware of the negative reaction to everything he's been doing? And is this a trick to try and get some people to buy this project?

Nobody buy this, I'm serious.

loldogs-funny-dog-pictures-im-seriousthis-is-my-serious-face.jpg

seriousface.jpg

I'm that serious.

Last edited:
Good lord. Mutants being hunted by the Government. Mystery character. Loeb writing it. Two of the X-Men already held by the government?

It's the same **** as always!

THIS was the direction of the X-Men after Ultimatum? Piss off.

Last edited:
Part of what Loeb would confirm of the series' plot involved picking up the pieces of the shift in society's view of mutants after the dual actions of Magneto murdering thousands of people and the unveiling of the fact that, unlike the regular Marvel U, the Ultimate mutants are not the next step in evolution, but the result of a deep governmental experiment.

...oh **** that.

Seriously **** that.

You know I've defended Loeb to an extent in the past. His pre-Ultimate work had moments of brilliance and crap surounded by mediocrity. I've been hoping for a return to form from him at some point. A step back to the uneven writer that was sill worth looking at. But this?

**** it. I'm out.

...oh **** that.

Seriously **** that.

You know I've defended Loeb to an extent in the past. His pre-Ultimate work had moments of brilliance and crap surounded by mediocrity. I've been hoping for a return to form from him at some point. A step back to the uneven writer that was sill worth looking at. But this?

**** it. I'm out.
I'm not sure if that was his idea (or his idea entirely), as it was revealed in Ultimate Origins, which was by Bendis.

As someone who has bought every Ultimate Issue so far (except Ultimate Adventures) I can honestly say that Loeb cured me of my completism. I will not buy this or New Ultimates.

On a side note, I enjoy this picture of (I assume) Sabertooth.

phpThumb.php

Sabertooth obviously saw X-Men Origins Wolverine and liked Liev Schreiber's hair cut.

And the tie with the skull tie clip is a nice touch! :lol:

Last edited:
Okay, am I the only one who thinks the whole state of affairs with mutants in this universe makes zero sense?

On the most basic level, can anyone tell me how the "origin of mutants" works? They seem to treat it like a virus that can appear in anyone, but the origin of discovering mutations is that they irradiated a particular genome in Wolverine's body. That would suggest that altering his genome affected the genetics of a variety of random people throughout the world; and while I'm no good at science, I'm pretty sure that doesn't sound right - you can't alter the genetics of one person and suddenly trigger genetic changes worldwide, right? Can we get Houde in here on this? I guess it's possible that Wolverine ****ed his way through the world from WWII until the 80's and this is all just the big Wolverine baby boom...

The other thing is, the impetus of these sudden, xenophobic policy changes regarding mutants is the discovery that all mutants were created by the government through unethical, top secret experimentation. If anything, the discovery that mutants are victims of illicit military practices would make the world more sympathetic to mutants. Where are all the civil rights lawyers? Why is SHIELD even around? I understand that Orwellian Bush-era dystopian discourse is all the rage (Well.... It was in 2005, and Marvel just doesn't seem to have gotten the memo), but this makes no sense whatsoever. It seems completely counter-intuitive. I know the world is suffering in the aftermath of a catastrophe started by a mutant, but all that the revelation of government experimentation would do is make people blame the government.

I haven't read an Ultimate book since Ultimatum 4 and I don't think I'm going to start again any time soon.

**** you, Loeb.

**** you, Marvel.

I don't even have anything to say because I couldn't care less.

I am disappointed though because I thought with the lack of news about Ultimates 4 prior to yesterday that Marvel had discreetly removed Loeb from the UU and were just keeping it on the down low. No such.

I'm not sure if that was his idea (or his idea entirely), as it was revealed in Ultimate Origins, which was by Bendis.

**** Bendis too. Ever since Daredevil ended all he's written is the lead in to his next story. Want a tip Bald Man? If you never offer any resolution we eventually get pissed and walk away. And god help you if you pull another non-ending like the first arc of Powers out of your ***!

Now I'm good and pissed. Who's next?

Latest posts

Back