Ultimate questions

Mclintoc

I quit reading Ultimates after Millar's initial run. I've started reading again now that he's back. Would some knowledgeable soul please fill me in on some things I've missed? For example:
1. what is the Wolverine incident involving Tony that they've referred to twice?
2. What happened between Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D?

3. Anything else big I should know about?

Many thanks,
Long live Mark Millar!

I quit reading Ultimates after Millar's initial run. I've started reading again now that he's back. Would some knowledgeable soul please fill me in on some things I've missed? For example:
1. what is the Wolverine incident involving Tony that they've referred to twice?
2. What happened between Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D?

3. Anything else big I should know about?

Many thanks,
Long live Mark Millar!

ohhh, you're better off not knowing. But in case you do
In Ultimate Power
Fury altered Reed's multidimensional probe which accidentally kill a ton of people in the supreme universe, He was then taken into custody in the supreme universe and has recently come back

In the Loeb ****-fest known as Ultimatum
Magneto used his powers to turn on Ironman's repulsors and Cyclops visors to kill wolverine

In short you were wise to stop after millar's run.

Really? I thought that
Nick teamed up with Doom and that's why he's a criminal
.didn't know that
he killed people
Intense.

Really? I thought that
Nick teamed up with Doom and that's why he's a criminal
.didn't know that
he killed people
Intense.

He did
team up with Doom to modify the probe that accidentally killed people
or at least how I recalled

Thanks for the replies, but the text is blacked out and says "spoiler." Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I remove that.

Here's what you missed in detail. If you don't care, just read the 'In a nutshell part of each section so you can know the important parts.

Ultimate Power: Reed sends probe into several different dimensions. One of them reacts weirdly in the Supremeverse and wipes out a lot of the world's population. The Squadron Supreme come to the Ultimate U and arrest Reed. Fury gets a band of heroes together to rescue him. While they do, it comes out that Fury had teamed up with Doom (I'm not sure that they ever explained why. And I'm also not sure if they ever explained how doom got back from the Zombieverse). Fury and Doom used Reed's probes to do some SHIELD stuff (again, i'm not sure they explained what) but Doom double crossed Fury and teamed up with Emil Burbank (The Supremeverse's answer to Lex Luthor) to infect the probe and make it produce a spore that would kill Hyperion (The Supremeverse's answer to Superman). This is discovered and Fury and Burbank are arrested by Squadron Supreme, Reed is released, and Zarda (The Supremeverse's answer to Wonder Woman) comes back to the Ultimate U to keep an eye on things.

In a nutshell: Doom's back (somehow), Fury is left in Supremeverse, Zarda is in Ultimate U. Carol Danvers is now the head of SHIELD

Ultimates 3: ummm...what happened?
New Members: Valkyrie (now with powers) and Back Panther (who you eventually find out is Cap...but then find out later there actually IS a Black Panther who is basically a black version of Wolverine who can't talk, but he's gone AWOL and Cap is covering for him). Also: Hawkeye now uses guns and wants to die and is a real douche, Thor uses a square hammer, talks in Shakspearean English, is dating Valkyrie, and is a real Douche. Wasp is team leader and doesn't really look all that Asian any more, Cap looses everything cool about his personality and is a loser, Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver are openly incestuous. Tony is a 2-D character who is drunk all the time. Hank is imprisoned in the basement of Tony's mansion for his involvement in the invasion of America at the end of Ultimates 2. Plot (if you can call it that): Scarlet Witch gets shot and killed. The Brotherhood of Mutants take her body and QuickSilver goes with them. Wolverine shows up and tells SW's back story, she's really dangerous. They go to the Savage land to confront Magneto, meet Ka Zar and Shanna. Wasp and Iron Man stay behind. Cap is missing (b/c he's Black Panther). Iron Man turns out to be a robot who attacks Wasp. Cap saves her and quotes Terminator ("Come with me if you want to live"). He turns out to be a robot too. Hank's Ultron robots from Ultimates 2 have turned bad and are trying to replace the humans. Ultron killed SW b/c he loved her. Tony has been captured. Hank is hiding in the tunnels of Tony's basement. Ultron looks a lot like 616 Yellowjacket. Back in the Savageland the Ultimates and Ka Zar's people are fighting Magneto and his people. The Ultron Robots attack and everyone (including Hank, Wasp, and Tony who followed) fights the robots. They beat them. Hawkeye tries to shoot Magneto, QuickSilver jumps in front of the bullet and dies (0r does he....?)
Magneto freaks out! Epilogue: This was all part of Doom's plan (Mwahahaha)

In a nutshell: Loeb sucks, Scarlet Witch is dead, so apparently is QuickSilver and Magneto is MAD!

Ultimate Origins: during WW2, Fury, Fisk, and James Howlett are caught pillaging and arrested Fisk (probably wilson's father/grandfather? i hope?) escapes, Fury and Howlett not so much. Fury is used as a test subject for the supersoldier program. He's the first successful test subject. He escapes. Howlett is experimented on and artificially mutated in a lab in Alberta. He is the first mutant and he was created. Magneto's parents work in this lab. SOmehow the mutation spreads and Magneto becomes a mutant. He doesn't know mutants were created. He kills his parents and frees Wolverine. Fury is hired to head up the super soldier program after the military find out who he is. He hires Dr Storm, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Richard and Mary Parker. Banner creates the hulk serum and kills the Parkers while their son is an infant. (What? I thought it was a venom-related plane crash and Peter was 8. Who knows.) These weird posts show up during each of the afformentioned times. One of them shows up when Steve Rogers becomes Cap. It is taken and placed in Project Pegasus with all the other weird unexplainable tech SHIELD has acquired over the years. One day the post turns on and a bunch of others show up all over the place. The FF are called in. The post tells them it's a watcher, it records momentous occasions, one is about to happen. It chooses someone to be the watcher's herald. Somewhere in small town USA Rick Jones gets powers (and is never mentioned ever again by anyone in any comic)

In a nutshell: something bad is coming. Mutants are artificial.

Ultimatum: Magneto screws with the Magnetic fields of the world and causes strange weather to wipe out all humans and any mutant not allied with him. He thinks Mutants have the God-given right to inherit the earth. NYC floods, millions die. Latveria freezes, etc. DareDevil drowns, most of the X-Men, Mutant Academy of tomorrow are either drowned or hunted down by Magneto's people, Sue Storm goes into a coma, Reed leaves Ben in charge and goes after Namor (who he thinks is responsible). Torch gets caught in the flood of NYC and then gets eaten by the statue of liberty (not kidding at all) which turns out to be a portal to Dormammu's realm. Dr Strange's sanctum sanctorum is damaged in the flood, weird demons escape from the dark dimension. Spidey and Hulk fight them. Hulk goes crazy and smashes a portal and destroys one demon only to release Dormammu. Spidey might be dead. Dormammu pops Dr Strange's head off. Sue and Ben Grimm defeat Dormammu and free Johnny from his grasp. Elsewhere Valkyrie and Cap die. Thor goes to Hela (keeper of the Norse afterlife) and trades himself for them. Wasp gets eaten by the blob. Hank freaks out, grows giant, and bites Blob's head off. Hank carries what's left of Wasp's body to Triskelion, tells Tony to go into his files and use 'project jocasta' then he grabs all the Multiple men suicide bombers who are surrounding the Triskelion and they blow him up. Xavier calls all heros to confront Magneto, Magneto shows up and snaps Xavier's neck. Namor, Doom, Reed, and Zarda go to the Supremeverse and get Fury. The leftover X-men (Wolverine, Colossus, Angel, Jean, Cyclops) and the leftover Ultimates (Ironman, Cap, Hawkeye...don't ask where Valkyrie is) go to Magneto on Asteroid M and confront him. Sabretooth kills Angel. Magneto uses Cyclops and Ironman to shoot wolverine (controls their metal). They almost completely disintegrate him, but he's not dead yet. So Magneto rips the Admantium off his bones. Now he's dead. Fury shows up and uses Jean to show him that Mutants are artificial. Magneto has a change of heart, fixes the world's magnetic stuff so the weather goes back, but the strain kills him. A week later. Everyone hates mutants. Cyclops gets assassinated. But...Epilogue: QuickSilver is alive. He pushed the bullet through Cyclops' head. there is an unknown woman (possibly SW and QS's mom?) seen along with a few members of the brotherhood. Apparently they were manipulating Magneto so he would finally do what needed to be done. Ben Grimm walks up to Dr Doom and crushes his head with one hand. Spidey isn't dead after all. Sue is mad at Reed for leaving when she was in a coma. The FF break up. THe X-Men disband.

In a Nutshell: lots of people are dead all around the world. Lots of heroes are dead. Everyone hates mutants. Fury's back.

many thanks to everyone, especially Captain Canuck, for the replies. Very illuminating, but, alas, even the summary of Ultimates 3 was painful to read.

Latest posts

Back