What Do you Read

Ah, I'll be sure to read it after The Man Who Was Thursday, Dune, The Darkness Forged in Fire, Volumes 1 and 2 of The Book of the New Sun, and the Foundation Trilogy.

D:

In addition to The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat, I am working on 1776 and A Game of thrones.

I'm starting the Affinity Bridge. It's set in the Victorian Era, with a zombie plague in the slums of London and automatons flying airships as the backdrop.

I've had just started on "Dracula: The Man of Many Faces - His Life and His Times".

When my schedule eases up a bit, I'm going to finally read Snow Crash and the fourth Dresden Files book.

As of today i'm reading "Steppenwolf", by Herman Hesse, "Heart of Darkness", by Joseph Conrad, and "The Lurker at the Threshhold and other Weird Tales", by H.P. Lovecraft.

I would like to recomend some things; "Child of God" and "Blood Meridian", by Cormac Mcarthy, "Damian", by Herman Hesse, "Guns, Drugs, and Monsters", by Steve Niles, and "Danse Macbre" by Stephen King. All great reads which i have just finished, recently.

When my schedule eases up a bit, I'm going to finally read Snow Crash and the fourth Dresden Files book.

My friend has raved about Snow Crash for years. Tell me what you think.

As of today i'm reading "Steppenwolf", by Herman Hesse, "Heart of Darkness", by Joseph Conrad, and "The Lurker at the Threshhold and other Weird Tales", by H.P. Lovecraft.

Heart of Darkness FTW!

I saw an interview of the author a few weeks ago.

He joked about doing a Sense and Sensibility and Vampires.

Quirk Classics, who brought us Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (parts of which were hysterical, by the way), has announced the next book in the series: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. It's due out in September.

My friend has raved about Snow Crash for years. Tell me what you think.
I read Snow Crash for a book discussion group years ago. It was all right. The fact that one of the main characters is named "Hiro Protagonist" should tell you something about the author's sense of humor....

I just finished The Automatic Detective, by A. Lee Martinez. It's a combination of science fiction and the hard-boiled detective story, in which a robot designed for warfare has acquired self-awareness and applied for cititizenship. While on probation, he ends up investigating a missing family, assisted by an intelligent gorilla and followed by a police detective who happens to look like a large rat. The plot also involves a beautiful super-genius and two groups of aliens. Lots of action and humor.

I just read The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas a few weeks ago. I've been wanting to read it for ages and i finally did. The first three quarters were really good, but then it gets boring and the end is pretty anti-climactic.

Worth the read over all though.

Latest posts

Back