Final Crisis vs Secret Invasion: Which mini was better?

Which event mini series was better: Final Crisis or Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
They both kinda sucked really. SI sucked a little less but that's not saying much.

Every time I read Final Crisis, I like it more. Say what you want about the story but Morrison filled it with so many great character moments and it was genuinely interesting.

Secret Invasion... I have no desire to read again.

Every time I read Final Crisis, I like it more. Say what you want about the story but Morrison filled it with so many great character moments and it was genuinely interesting.

Secret Invasion... I have no desire to read again.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than Blackest Night, for that matter.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than Blackest Night, for that matter.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Even as an admitted Grant Morrison fanboy, I'm willing to concede that Final Crisis is not without flaws. There are times when the nonlinear function of the narrative and postmodernism tying it all together don't quite work, but I hardly fault a series for being overly ambitious. It's kind of a pain for the unindoctrinated, but if you read all of the related media in the correct order (the one that Morrison himself specified, that is), it's a really fantastic story.

Both Blackest Night and Secret Invasion seriously disappointed me, albeit for different reasons. Secret Invasion was just lazy and mediocre, even for a Marvel event comic. Blackest Night failed on almost every level, although it did have several lofty aspirations, which I do give it credit for.

Batman RIP was better than all of them.

Batman RIP was better than all of them.

Hm. I'd say RIP and Final Crisis were pretty comparable. If you put RIP into the context of Morrison's Batman run, it would definitely win out, but standing by themselves, I think they're pretty equivalent. Plus, Crisis had the better art.

But they're completely different beasts, honestly.

In regards to Blackest Night, I thought it was pretty cool of Geoff Johns to leave Ralph and Sue dead so Cully Hamner and I can start our work on The Dibnys. It's just a shame he brought Martian Manhunter and Max Lord back from the dead, but we'll make do without them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back