Ultimate Captain America Annual Discussion

This whole thing seemed pretty unnecessary to me. UBP could have been much better.

Let's see, mutant, Weapon X, retractable claws, healing factor and heightened speed and senses. Yup. That is very original. At least he is black.

Throwing Cap into the mix is just silly.

And as usual with a Loeb book, continuity is shown the door early on. (ie shouldn't Fury be in the Supremverse during this time?)

Oh and another throw away villian in Thunderball. All you have to do to take him down is punch him in the face and he starts whining. Weak.

Really. Really. Weak.

So, Cap's masquerading as Panther in order for him not to get in trouble with Nick Fury, because he's forbidden to go home for some unnamed stupid reason, and in Ultimates 3, Nick is already OUT OF THE UNIVERSE, and the ultimates are independent of SHIELD anyway. Why would he keep it up?

And I may need to read Ult3 again (shudder), but why does he stay silent at all when A ROBOT OF HIMSELF STARTS HANGING OUT?

And I may need to read Ult3 again (shudder), but why does he stay silent at all when A ROBOT OF HIMSELF STARTS HANGING OUT?

:lol:

How is this tripe even published?

So my take is...
It takes place after Ultimates 2 but before 3 and Ultimate Power... I guess.
I think the reason Cap stays incognito after Fury is gone because Robo-Cap is hanging around or maybe to keep his eye on Janet (to make sure shes not humping Pym?) or maybe even ... Oh hell I give up! It's not worth the headache!

And as usual with a Loeb book, continuity is shown the door early on. (ie shouldn't Fury be in the Supremverse during this time?)

No. This occurs soon after Ultimates 2, but before Ultimate Power, so Fury should still be around. Loeb at least got that right.

So my take is...
It takes place after Ultimates 2 but before 3 and Ultimate Power... I guess.

You are correct, sir!

I think the reason Cap stays incognito after Fury is gone because Robo-Cap is hanging around or maybe to keep his eye on Janet (to make sure shes not humping Pym?) or maybe even ... Oh hell I give up! It's not worth the headache!

Applying logic to Loeb's writing is like throwing water at the sun.

i think the robot Cap didn't show up until right when it killed robot Iron Man
Cap was being both himself and Panther, that's why you never saw them together. Cap went to the Savage land as Panther before Robot Cap ever showed up. I don't think he wa even aware of the robots until they came to the savage land and Pym filled him in.

mike3717 said:
Oh and another throw away villian in Thunderball. All you have to do to take him down is punch him in the face and he starts whining. Weak.

actually Thunderball is already the name of one of the members of the wrecking crew who aren't villians but a demolition team that specialize in cleaning up messes made by superhuman fights, so that's another problem with this issue.

captaincanuck65 said:
actually Thunderball is already the name of one of the members of the wrecking crew who aren't villians but a demolition team that specialize in cleaning up messes made by superhuman fights, so that's another problem with this issue.

Thunderball was in this issue? I've already forgotten almost the entire thing...but can you blame me?

At least. Good for him. I believe that is 1 in a row.

:lol:

I finally read this, found it on the rack at the bookstore and sat down. Didn't want to buy it, you know how that goes. Glad I didn't. While it didn't anger me half as much as the USM annual (did anyone actually read that one to completion?), it's still a big pile of steaming, maggot-infested garbage.

I now rank my hatred for Jeph Loeb's work on the Ultimates higher than my hatred for... John Byrne's grumpy old man attitude. So it's pretty much number one on the hate list.

I mean really... T'Challa is Wolverine? Yeah. Great.

And boy, Loeb is really pushing this "Sorry you're not the leader anymore, Steve, but Jan is really spunky and we need that in our leader!" crap, isn't he?

-0.5/10 stars. I wouldn't even wipe my butt with this in fear that it would just make it dirtier.

And oh yeah, Thunderball is part of the Ultimate Wrecking Crew already, who happen to work for Ultimate Damage Control. Once more, I guess Loeb just decided he'd overlook the fact that a character has already been used in a non-villain capacity and turn him evil for the sake of his crappy story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back