Proteus

marvelman

I have to run to class, so I can't really flesh out my thoughts here, but...

is it just me, or does anyone else think Proteus is a damn cool character?

I mean, conceptually, he's just really friggin' neat! He possesses people and is nearly undetectable! To me, he's a cooler "character" than the skrulls (though they may pose more of a thread, as there are more of them).

But I was just thinking about the Proteus (World Tour) arc of UXM, and I remember, despite it being a little wonky mostly due to the art, that I thought it was a pretty damn cool concept- this guy, with such serious ties to the X-Men, was warping all of reality...

I just wish they hadn't killed him off, and that maybe- MAYBE- they had taken the time to let him join the team (before going nuts of course) and seen what story possibilities they could have explored.

I have to run to class, so I can't really flesh out my thoughts here, but...

is it just me, or does anyone else think Proteus is a damn cool character?

I mean, conceptually, he's just really friggin' neat! He possesses people and is nearly undetectable! To me, he's a cooler "character" than the skrulls (though they may pose more of a thread, as there are more of them).

But I was just thinking about the Proteus (World Tour) arc of UXM, and I remember, despite it being a little wonky mostly due to the art, that I thought it was a pretty damn cool concept- this guy, with such serious ties to the X-Men, was warping all of reality...

I just wish they hadn't killed him off, and that maybe- MAYBE- they had taken the time to let him join the team (before going nuts of course) and seen what story possibilities they could have explored.

I had an amazing idea to make him a Horseman of Apocalypse but Kirkman ****ed that up.

He could have been fun. Hell, I thought Magician was Proteus at first.

I love him precisely because he's stayed dead. Plus, you'd have to tone him down to bring him back, and he was fun because he's so powerful that all the struggle was against his personality, not his powerset (at least until Betsy showed up).

Magician could almost fill that role anyway.

Who's to say he didn't just jump into another body last minute right before
Colossus slammed the car down onto Betsy?

I know this arc is like 6 years old and the spoiler warning is kinda superflous, but this is my first post and I don't want to upset anyone in my first post.

:D

I know this arc is like 6 years old and the spoiler warning is kinda superflous, but this is my first post and I don't want to upset anyone in my first post.

Oh it's cool. And welcome!

def. possible... but as far as we know, betty was keeping him in there, so unless he got past that just in time...

and welcome!

def. possible... but as far as we know, betty was keeping him in there, so unless he got past that just in time...

and welcome!

And I'm sure if a writer wanted to resurrect him then that's probably what they'd do. Who's to say it wasn't one final trick, and that what we thought was Betsy speaking was actually him, playing one last trick? Or yeah, he managed to jump out just in time.

I mean hell, they resurrected beast in a hell of a lot more implausible a way...

Latest posts

Back